The Tank Megathread Part IV -- All Tank Talk & Standings Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Matthias, Richardson and Kassian would have been a great cheap third line.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
going to be a tough day tomorrow. Need to find a few wins.

Florida @ Buffalo
Minnesota @ Columbus
Chicago @ Pittsburgh(get your heads out of your *****)
Winnipeg @ Nashville
Tampa Bay @ Calgary

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Thank you, thank you, than you Willie....Vey between Higgins and Burrows, and McCann stuck with Dorsett....you couldn't devise a worse line-up to make up a scoring deficit....tank commander is fine form.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Tkachuk would be such a Benning pick. This clown needs to be fired before the draft.

I will have absolutely no issues with a Tkachuk pick. That guy has determination and toughness of a 4th line player with a skill set of a top line player, who the hell doesn`t want hat in their line up. He is exactly what the Oilers are missing right now. He will fit right in with the dirty Canucks. I can`t wait to see the Crap TSN will write about us in the future, about how dirty we are.

but no, yea I will be happy with any of the big 5, Mathews, Tkatchuk, finns, Chycrun.

Because of the stupid blackout I had to settle to watch the Canes Oilers game, watching Noah Hanifan, man, do we need a young future top pairing dman so badly.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
I will have absolutely no issues with a Tkachuk pick. That guy has determination and toughness of a 4th line player with a skill set of a top line player, who the hell doesn`t want hat in their line up. He is exactly what the Oilers are missing right now. He will fit right in with the dirty Canucks. I can`t wait to see the Crap TSN will write about us in the future, about how dirty we are.

but no, yea I will be happy with any of the big 5, Mathews, Tkatchuk, finns, Chycrun.

Because of the stupid blackout I had to settle to watch the Canes Oilers game, watching Noah Hanifan, man, do we need a young future top pairing dman so badly.

That description of tkachuck sounds like Sam Bennett.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Even if we finish 6th, Nylander is looking pretty decent there that the drop may not be too far.

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Any of the big 5 + Nylander would be fantastic. There is a great top 6-7 this year from the looks of it.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Any of the big 5 + Nylander would be fantastic. There is a great top 6-7 this year from the looks of it.

Juolevi has skyrocketed up my list too since I saw him at the WJC.

The thing I like about Nylander and Juolevi is they are playing junior hockey in the CHL. They've already adapted to the North American game. Though the big Finnish forwards are absolutely monster talents. Matthews is the gem of the draft. Chychrun and Tkachuk's stocks may be falling a bit, but both are still great talents that deserve to go top 5.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
zack-kassian-is-pumped-after-goal.gif

Don't make me miss him more than I already do. At the end of the day, it's supposed to be entertainment.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Okay everybody, Here is my Ultimate dream fantasy scenario. I am going from actual accepted "offers" from the respected teams.

Trade Deadline.

The canucks trade Radim Vrbata for a 2nd rounder + Jared Tinordi from the Habs.

The canucks trade Dan Hamhuis to the islanders for Hickey+1st Rounder
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2004281&page=2

The Canucks trade Chris Tanev + Jake Virtanen for Ryan Johanson. (Controversial I am sure from many canucks fans, but the value is spot on)

The Canucks trade Bo Horvat + 2nd Rounder for Jonathan Druin ( Losing Horvat hurts because he is loved here, but this is a gamble I would take, Seen this accepted by TBL fans a few times).

Pick up Lucic as a UFA.

If the Canucks Draft in the top 5.
Scenario #1 - Canucks draft Jakob Chychrun
Scenario #2 - Canucks draft Jesse Puljujarvi

The Canucks Trade / Get rid of Chris Higgins / Alex Burrows / Brandon Prust on Forwards.

The Canucks trade / Get rid of Bartkowski / Weber on Defense.

Scenario #1 if we draft Chychrun.

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic (FA Pickup)
Druin - RyJo - Hansen
Sven - Sutter - FA (In Progress)
Gaunce - McCann - Dorsett
Extra

Edler / FA (Yandle / Buff Ideally)
Chychrun / Hutton
Sbisa / Pedan (I think this would actually work quite well).
Tinordi / Hickey

Scenario #2 if we draft Puljujarvi

Sedin - Sedin - Lucic (FA Pickup)
Druin - RyJo - Puljujarvi
Sven - Sutter - Hansen
Gaunce - McCann - Dorsett
Extra

Edler / FA (Yandle / Buff Ideally)
Hickey / Hutton
Sbisa / Pedan (I think this would actually work quite well).
Tinordi / Biega

We have some clear weaknesses if we go this route.

- Our RW depth is awful, JV is not close to ready
- Our Defense is awful, even with Chychurun, we need another 1/2 quality D-men from the FA crop just to manage. Tinordi is a guy I would like to gamble with, and Hickey could be a stready D-man for us.

Canucks Draft picks = 1st Rounder (top 5 - Chychurun or Pulj) / 1st Rounder (top 25) - I would draft Logan Stanley. Mean kid, and a decent 2nd rounder.

Last edited:

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Gauthier though, hard to pass on him

I get a Virtanen vibe watching Gauthier (minus the physical play)....I don't think it would be a wise pick unless we are picking outside of the Top 10. It's not so much I hate Gauthier...it's just given the hate over the Virtanen pick I'm not sure it would be a great idea to go down that road again. Can definitely see pitchforks come out if a year from now he's not absolutely ripping it up.

I think Nylander, Dubois, or Joulevi would be obvious targets before Gauthier (I hope for our sake anyway....enough blood has been spilt)

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I hate the guy, but he is exactly what we need in our top 6 a guy who can protect our kids also. IMo you should continue reading.

Kassian is exactly what we need in our top 6 IMO, assuming he cleans his act up.

Sedin Sedin Kassian/Hansen
Baertschi Horvat Hansen/Kassian

Is what I would like to see in our top 6, without taking into account any trades like Drouin or RyJo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad