The Tank Megathread | 5 --- All Tank Talk & Standings Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The worst is when you hear people making statements they are on team tank but [insert some bs intangible reason here as to why this win was still good and why they also thought last game a great win too]. You have to commit people... If you're going to do something do it right, not half assed.

Lol at this, sports is just entertainment for most of us.
You know what's the worst?
People who enjoy the losses(which I do too) but at the same time complaining about young player aren't performing blah blah blah, no future blah blah blah, bunch of busts blah blah blah.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
The worst is when you hear people making statements they are on team tank but [insert some bs intangible reason here as to why this win was still good and why they also thought last game a great win too]. You have to commit people... If you're going to do something do it right, not half assed.

I'm committed and I'm pissed we won. I'm just not pissed when Virtanen, Horvat, Baertschi, or McCann score. Anyone else can gf themselves though :)

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
39 games which will soon turn into 25 games which will turn into 15 games.......

Need the losses now, especially with the trade deadline approaching.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
39 games which will soon turn into 25 games which will turn into 15 games.......

Vrbata should be traded either way. Its not like he's contributing to these wins.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I'm committed and I'm pissed we won. I'm just not pissed when Virtanen, Horvat, Baertschi, or McCann score. Anyone else can gf themselves though :)

I feel the same, although Im always pumped when the Sedins show that they're still dominant players.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
I think at this point it's easier to get into the playoffs than austin matthew, so many teams trying to out-suck us, its unbelievable. I seriously doubt with Anaheim, Calgary and Edmonton competing for Matthew, we are going to win that competition.

Last edited:

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I think at this point it's easier to get into the playoffs than austin matthew, so many teams trying to out-suck us, its unbelievable. I seriously with Anaheim, Calgary and Edmonton competing for Matthew, we are going to win that competition.

Those aren't even the real competitors. CBJ and Buffalo are crashing hard and fast. Still don't care. Finish as low as you can and take the higher pick. Playoffs do nothing for this club. Adding talent does. Doesn't have to be 1st OA to be a step in the right direction.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

And they'll come. I just don't agree with freaking out over a win or popping champagne over a loss. Each is a small step along a long path. Be a little happy or a little pissed, that's fine but the sky isn't falling after one or two games.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Those aren't even the real competitors. CBJ and Buffalo are crashing hard and fast. Still don't care. Finish as low as you can and take the higher pick. Playoffs do nothing for this club. Adding talent does. Doesn't have to be 1st OA to be a step in the right direction.
Well, then we do not have to tank to get picks. Burrows, Vrbata, Hamhius, Miller and more can be traded either in this trade deadline or the coming draft. Remember when we trade away Messier in his last year, we almost make the playoffs, and only missed it by a 2-3 points if i remember correctly.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
When horvat took the puck off the skate i thought chychurn was clinched.

Then he comes back and sets up virtanen for the tying goal and eventually the win.

Horvat and the other rookies have screwed the tank we need barrie

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
it's not screwing the tank if your young players are the ones stepping up and showing signs of development.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Well, then we do not have to tank to get picks. Burrows, Vrbata, Hamhius, Miller and more can be traded either in this trade deadline or the coming draft. Remember when we trade away Messier in his last year, we almost make the playoffs, and only missed it by a 2-3 points if i remember correctly.

Agree, they can and should be traded. But none of them will get back a pick anywhere near the top 10 of the draft which, by all accounts, is chock full of high end talent this year.

The only way we pick from that talent is by "earning" our draft pick.

And re: Messier, we never traded him away. He played out his 3 year contract here and then re-signed with NYR. And he left AFTER we picked 2nd and 3rd overall to get the Sedins, so at that point the "tank" had accomplished its goal of giving this team the elite talent we've all enjoyed the past 15 years. Why not take a swing at doing that again as long as we are having a dog of a season anyway?

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
it's not screwing the tank if your young players are the ones stepping up and showing signs of development.

The sad part for me is if we had a better framework around the young players there might actually be a glimmer of hope for this season. Markstrom has been good enough, but the pile of trash on D and lack of depth scoring is too much to overcome.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I think at this point it's easier to get into the playoffs than austin matthew, so many teams trying to out-suck us, its unbelievable. I seriously doubt with Anaheim, Calgary and Edmonton competing for Matthew, we are going to win that competition.

Mathews is more of a fantasy, even the worst team has a 80% chance of not drafting him. It sounds like majority if the Canucks fans are Hoping a bottom 5 finish with hopes of landing a Finn or chycrun.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Agree, they can and should be traded. But none of them will get back a pick anywhere near the top 10 of the draft which, by all accounts, is chock full of high end talent this year.

The only way we pick from that talent is by "earning" our draft pick.

And re: Messier, we never traded him away. He played out his 3 year contract here and then re-signed with NYR. And he left AFTER we picked 2nd and 3rd overall to get the Sedins, so at that point the "tank" had accomplished its goal of giving this team the elite talent we've all enjoyed the past 15 years. Why not take a swing at doing that again as long as we are having a dog of a season anyway?
Sorry, i meant to say Mogilny to New Jersey for Morrison

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Sorry, i meant to say Mogilny to New Jersey for Morrison

Ah gotcha. Ya that was a very good deal based on where the team was at (young and rising) and the need for a young centre like Mo. Unfortunately I don't see anyone with Mogilny's trade value on the current team (Sedin's excluded) but I do think Vrbata and Hamhuis *might* be able to fetch late 1sts or maybe a 2nd+3rd to the right team.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver

Did Messier not stick around for the rest of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad