Movies: The Super Mario Bros. Movie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Great movie, love the all the fan service aspects like DK Racing, Mario Kart, and all the aspects of the new Super Mario World games from the Switch. However, it went by way too fast. They could've done a better job during the "adventure stage" with Mario and Peach's adventure to the final battle between them and Bowser. I think this movie needed like another 15 minutes or so to properly build up to that final scene. I thought the voice actors would be major cringe, but they all came away as solid even Peach and DK (and I dislike Seth Rogen). E: Agree with others, the Bowser singing scenes were so bad and so unnecessary.

nintendocinematicuniverse.jpg

We really need this to happen where the Super Smash Bros. would be like "The Avengers."

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaheh

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I don't want an interconnected universe where I need to watch all the movies in order to get the full understanding.

Let Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, etc. be their own universes. They don't need to have it all interconnect to have a Smash Bros movie.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
3rd straight week at #1.
It's very hard to find anything to critique about this movie. It will surpass the Itchy and Scratchy movie as the best animated film of all time.

Of course Seth Rogan didn't use his real name, but you could totally tell he was Donkey Kong

(on a serious note though I completely forgot Keenen Michael Key was Toad lol)

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
It was a fun movie and my 5 year old nephew really loved it. All the easter eggs from various games that have Mario and Luigi are all over the movie which is great.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Great movie, love the all the fan service aspects like DK Racing, Mario Kart, and all the aspects of the new Super Mario World games from the Switch. However, it went by way too fast. They could've done a better job during the "adventure stage" with Mario and Peach's adventure to the final battle between them and Bowser. I think this movie needed like another 15 minutes or so to properly build up to that final scene. I thought the voice actors would be major cringe, but they all came away as solid even Peach and DK (and I dislike Seth Rogen). E: Agree with others, the Bowser singing scenes were so bad and so unnecessary.

nintendocinematicuniverse.jpg

We really need this to happen where the Super Smash Bros. would be like "The Avengers."
When can I expect the metroid and mega man movies? :naughty:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Finally saw it on Peacock over the weekend. Thought it was fine but way too short for my liking. Thought the voice acting was fine as well.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Watched it too recently. I really enjoyed it, had a smile on face most of the movie. Only thing I wanted to have Mario and Luigi together most of this movie instead of separated.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Just watched this one finally today with my twin 4 year old boys and 2 year old daughter. They all enjoyed it.

I thought it was really well done and fun, excellent references to the game and the music was pure nostalgia.. all the childhood feels

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I watched it on Netflix recently and enjoyed it. They kept it simple and fun. I also really appreciated that we didn't get the save peach storyline for the 1000th time lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad