The stock market thread Part II (The GME Phenomenom)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
and inflation is still rip roaring

Until the fed gets serious about rate hikes (since Congress cannot stop itself from spending more), inflation is going to be a major concern

Double digit rates next year

Fine by me, I'm mostly in cash and would do well in that scenario

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
and inflation is still rip roaring

Until the fed gets serious about rate hikes (since Congress cannot stop itself from spending more), inflation is going to be a major concern

Double digit rates next year

Fine by me, I'm mostly in cash and would do well in that scenario

I don't agree with that. They can't hike much more than they already have, the politicians aren't going to like allocating more and more towards debt repayment. Most people live off of debt and rising rates will crush them and therefore the economy. I can't see a world where interest rates go past 5%.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Very much feels like a recent rally in a bear market and it's going to go back down hard. News like 'best month since pandemic began' makes me more bearish if anything.

I kind of hedge both ways by increasing cash position while holding some very risk-on assets like btc or uranium and copper stonks but overall more conservative than bullish right now. I guess if S&P starts to trend back down to 365ish or lower then I'd for sure start heaping back into a broad market-based index.

Reactions: yahhockey

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
My boy Cash Gumbleton know`s what the hell he is talking about. He is a big name on Wall Street, he is alway`s playing the stock market. 9 Time`s out of 9, Cash is correct. That is how he make`s over 100 grand per year. I Alway`s get my stock tip`s from Cash, easy money. :yo:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
My boy Cash Gumbleton know`s what the hell he is talking about. He is a big name on Wall Street, he is alway`s playing the stock market. 9 Time`s out of 9, Cash is correct. That is how he make`s over 100 grand per year. I Alway`s get my stock tip`s from Cash, easy money. :yo:
stfu

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I like BBBY & standard lithium
Good enough for me.

I get my tips from Poverty Cripplehof but he’s always steering me wrong.

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
Bought the dip on bbby around $5, but easy to say now that I didn’t buy enough.

Not invested in pltr but saw it dipped. Clov beat on earnings but down in afterhours.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Glad I doubled my positions in Riot, Rsi and DKNG a month ago. Now let’s see some action the second half of the year! @CRAZY_FAN, you still around? You holding the gambling stocks?
Any regulars left out there?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
TSLA is doing a 3-for-1 stock split. Do we expect movement from this or is it baked in?

Doesn't really matter to me since I'm long on it anyway. Haven't followed the news as much as I used to because my time horizon is far off.
Edit: Adding some anyway just for the sake of it

Last edited:

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Curious what y'all holders think BBBY could possibly go to? I bought 6 shares at 7$

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
Curious what y'all holders think BBBY could possibly go to? I bought 6 shares at 7$
If you’re only holding six shares, may as well see how crazy things can get. 60+? But no one really knows, it doesn’t got many comparables. Are shorts in better shape then when Gme surprised them? That got to 400+ in premarket before they turned the buy button off on people.

Club

zach benson real estate.
Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
If you’re only holding six shares, may as well see how crazy things can get. 60+? But no one really knows, it doesn’t got many comparables. Are shorts in better shape then when Gme surprised them? That got to 400+ in premarket before they turned the buy button off on people.
Did some reading and with the way wallstreetbets and inverse Cramer social media is taking off. I could see it slowly hitting 200+. I am definitely buying 10-15 more shares tomorrow with the way it absolutely soared today. Personally I think 60 is a possible floor. Markets been manipulated for years, f*** Robinhood too btw.

Reactions: the

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Sounds like the bank of Canada is going to end rate hikes this september...Sounds like a bad idea to me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad