The stock market thread Part II (The GME Phenomenom)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
To me it seems extremely concerning when we are in the midst of a recession fighting inflation and the TSX is up 3% today

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Please explain to me.

TSX is weighted more heavily on natural resources and more specifically oil and gas stocks than most other indices. (This is also true for other natural resources rich countries like Australia).

Now look at the performance of commodities today....

1664822584290.png

Not surprising that the TSX would move up on a day like this.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
TSX is weighted more heavily on natural resources and more specifically oil and gas stocks than most other indices. (This is also true for other natural resources rich countries like Australia).

Now look at the performance of commodities today....

View attachment 590506

Not surprising that the TSX would move up on a day like this.

American markets are up just as much. My guess is it would have in part something to do with the feds special meeting today and the wheels coming off with tightening. Which would be a bit scary imo.

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
American markets are up just as much. My guess is it would have in part something to do with the feds special meeting today and the wheels coming off with tightening. Which would be a bit scary imo.

likely a classic bear market rally

These rallies tend to short and violent to the upside. Some can go as much as 30-40%

Even the Great Depression had a few bear market rallies that tripped the bull market threshold

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
For those in Algorand the governance NFTs (which you get for free for participating in governance) are already reselling for 400-500 bucks a piece. If you're not claiming them you're missing out! Easy 2 grand every year.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
I found this chart on another site:

1665500247360.png

I won't make any definitive statements as to whether now is (or isn't) a good time to buy. But it's certainly worthwhile to consider the long-term trends. (I think that, in general, an investor's success over the long-run is primarily dependent on how they react during recessions and bear markets).

Reactions: yahhockey and Jacob

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
My Buddy Cash Gumbleton is a financial Wizard. He predicted the latest crash, Saved me ton`s of money. He is an proponent of the 9/9/9/9 investing System. So what that mean`s is. Invest in 9 of your favourite Stock`s. This could be Boscov`s, Amazon, AMC, any of the top company`s. Wait 9 Year`s. Collect 9x your money. & With that money, purchase 9 Bran new Dell personal Computer`s. Who doesn`t love a Dell. And it will make there stock price go up even more, Dell should have been 1 of your 9 company`s. That is the 9/9/9/9 investing system in an nutshell, Big up`s to my boy Cash for this one.

Reactions: EXTRAS and Jacob

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Kinda miss when this stock thread was so busy. I learned lots from the people here. I also learned what not to invest in when people pump a stock on the internet (ahem, kontrol energy-esque longshot stocks).

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Are we exiting the bottom or is this just a blip
Just a blip, unfortunately. We will hit the bottom shortly after the US officially announces we are in a recession. I joked earlier that it would be right after the midterms are done, but truthfully that will probably be somewhere around Q1-Q2 next year.

Reactions: Jacob

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Bank of Canada makes 50 point hike, when a 75 point hike was expected.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
lmao, that guy is literally the biggest fraud in the business. Anyone who actually takes ANY advice from him is an idiot.

I like this article from yesterday:

Agreed. I watched the video on twitter shortly after it aired on CNBC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad