The state of the Habs Rebuild - The Next step

What note you give to Kent Hughes' Rebuild? ?

• A

Votes: 202 55.3%
  • B

Votes: 130 35.6%
  • C

Votes: 31 8.5%
  • D

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • E

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • F

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Is it the system or the players not executing a system that’s dependent on proper “reads”? I would say the latter, as did Aaron Ward, Mike Johnson, Biz, and a few other former players this past week
Interesting take. If the players can't execute what's the next step? Replace players or insert a system players can play? These are NHL level players, i find it difficult to believe that they can't figure out the concepts.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Interesting take. If the players can't execute what's the next step? Replace players or insert a system players can play? These are NHL level players, i find it difficult to believe that they can't figure out the concepts.
I posted yesterday, all the above mentioned former players said NHL caliber players should have some familiarity with hybrid system being used and if not should have no issue adjusting after 1-2 games. Went on to state, a coach cannot be blamed for Xhekaj not reading the play on Laferrière driving to the high slot looking for a deflection for LAK 2nd goal and Dvorak cleanly losing two draws late in the 3rd period

Another example used was how hockey people almost unanimously believe Sens & Buf are far more talented individually than Bruins but team hockey IQ makes Bos sum of parts game superior

Next step is identifying and eventually replacing those not meeting team IQ needs. I’ve come to the belief Xhekaj is not suited for a system that requires quick reads - he’s a classic station to station player

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I posted yesterday, all the above mentioned former players said NHL caliber players should have some familiarity with hybrid system being used and if not should have no issue adjusting after 1-2 games. Went on to state, a coach cannot be blamed for Xhekaj not reading the play on Laferrière driving to the high slot looking for a deflection for LAK 2nd goal and Dvorak cleanly losing two draws late in the 3rd period

Another example used was how hockey people almost unanimously believe Sens & Buf are far more talented individually than Bruins but team hockey IQ makes Bos sum of parts game superior
Thanks
Go info

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Be patient and work with them...

"Figuring it out" is the easy part, making the execution of it automatic is much tougher and takes a long time. The positive indicators along the way matter more than the mistakes and are far harder to recognize from the outside. Especially for fans without the benefit of experience with this kind of process.

When your core is U25, and the goal is to build a sustained contender, you can afford to invest the time and energy to be patient... Even if fans grumble.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Bruh. We are at the stage where the entire team has no clue what they are doing in any of the 3 zones on the ice. Especially own zone.

Season just started.

Let my boy MSL cook fam.

Patients and a short memory are crucial elements for a fan base during a rebuild.

There was a frenetic buzz coming into the season with Laine & perhaps Demidov……then the sugar crash. I’m sure our players experienced the same emotion. Sucks to watch our D struggle but they are very young. We are still a couple of year’s away.

Go Habs
Cheers.

Right.

We went out and got Laine, but Laine is 26yrs old, he isn't a WIN NOW move necessarily, he fits in with our rebuild window.

• Haha
Reactions: The Real Timo

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Be patient and work with them...

"Figuring it out" is the easy part, making the execution of it automatic is much tougher and takes a long time. The positive indicators along the way matter more than the mistakes and are far harder to recognize from the outside. Especially for fans without the benefit of experience with this kind of process.

When your core is U25, and the goal is to build a sustained contender, you can afford to invest the time and energy to be patient... Even if fans grumble.
I think the grumbling is coming because of the lack of improvement in all 3 zones, the PP. The PK has been decent though.

Reactions: The Real Timo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad