The state of the Habs Rebuild - The Next step

What note you give to Kent Hughes' Rebuild? ?

• A

Votes: 199 56.1%
  • B

Votes: 127 35.8%
  • C

Votes: 29 8.2%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • E

• F

• Total voters

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I got roasted for this comment. He's hasn't played that much the last two years, and this one is a complete write off. Unless you are the second coming of Hedman, You are years away from being a capable RHD on THIS TEAM for sure. So instead of 2 years into his progression, we are 2 years behind., and we still don't know what he's going to deliver. Could be great, he could suck, so we start the search all over again?

Hedman wasn't fully in the top pairing role until D5

Hedman won his first cup with Tampa at D11

Not sure what level of play/impact you consider "being capable"... But I think it's an overly pessimistic take to assume that RB can't or won't be a top 4 dman for us in 3 seasons from now (D5).

It's one thing to point out that IF he doesn't pan out, we'll need to find other top 4 RD solutions... Quite another to claim the sky is falling because he got injured at the start of D2.

Patience doesn't cost anything, might as well let the bad things come, if they do, than to spend months/years worrying about "if" they do...

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
The guy is missing pretty much the entire season this year so not sure why he'd be NHL-ready barring a miracle.
He'll be NHL ready as a rookie.. there is a hell of alot of studying and learning that can still be done.
Guhle (finally) looking more comfortable, in this his D+5 season.. defensemen are annoying slow to break out.. give it time..

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
So you say he sucks, and you think someone will give you a top 6 F for him? Maybe I missed something but I don't get the logic.
Well obviously wed have to add.. he has value to a contender.. but to a rebuild, wasted years.

Sure but getting actually being able to play is by far the most important factor.
Yeah it sucks he got injured.. he still has a hell of a lot to learn, study..

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Forcing your stud LHD to play on the right side limits his true potential.. it's not like frwds playing on their off-wing.

Rein should be ready next year to join the Ch along with Demidov.
He's PPG so far this year so I'm not sure how his potential is being limited.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I think we'll probably be in for a long year. It's still very early in the season and we're a decent 2-2, but our possession and scoring chance metrics are looking very ugly so far. It'll be interesting to monitor these over the next 5-10 games to see how things change along with our record. Anything near 0.500 hockey is unsustainable with these sorts of possession stats.

Reactions: montreal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad