The state of the Habs Rebuild - The Next step

What note you give to Kent Hughes' Rebuild? ?

• A

Votes: 199 56.5%
  • B

Votes: 124 35.2%
  • C

Votes: 29 8.2%
  • D

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • E

• F

• Total voters

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The inexperience keeps showing up every game. That's fine as far as I'm concerned as I've waited for a rebuild for decades and can accept losing seasons. However, I hope management has a horizon in mind about when the mistakes will drop down to at least league average. How will they surround the young players as well, seeing their forward additions like Newhook and Laine aren't exactly high end defensive players. This is true on defense with Matheson as well. They need some veteran presence both up front and in the backend.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
The inexperience keeps showing up every game. That's fine as far as I'm concerned as I've waited for a rebuild for decades and can accept losing seasons. However, I hope management has a horizon in mind about when the mistakes will drop down to at least league average. How will they surround the young players as well, seeing their forward additions like Newhook and Laine aren't exactly high end defensive players. This is true on defense with Matheson as well. They need some veteran presence both up front and in the backend.
Isn't that what Matheson is supposed to be? What's the point of a Vet, when we have to push a young core player to their off wing to cover for said vet?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Isn't that what Matheson is supposed to be? What's the point of a Vet, when we have to push a young core player to their off wing to cover for said vet?
You mean Guhle who is currently a PPG D and wasn't even paired with Matheson last game? Like seriously, not only does it seem like playing his offside has been good for Guhle, the guy actually playing with Matheson is Barron who is most definitely not there to cover for Matheson.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Guhle has been awesome as an off D, and Guhle has spent almost as much time 5v5 as RD with Hutson as he has with Matheson.

The point of Matheson was to also get a cheaper veteran D than Petry (who wanted out).

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Eh

Gather the talent first, hammer out the (relatively easier to accomplish) mistakes next.

While I want to see more serious and mature hockey, I think the rebuild is on track in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad