Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Time to consider putting Slaf with Dach and maybe give Heineman a shift or two with Suzuki and Caufield.
I've been wanting to see this for a while but both aren't shooting nearly as much as they should righ now, so I don't know how that'd go.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Agreed. Shows how thin we are beyond the top line still.
Laine, Demidov and Hage will add some much needed depth up front.
Still have planty of picks too. We'll have two first round picks in 2025 one of which should be top 15 and if Calgary can hold long enough the 2nd could be top 15 too. We also have Pens 2nd round pick which should be fairly high. In 2026 we have Columbus 2nd. Lot of good 2nd round picks for the next two draft to move up in the first round. If Dvorak and Savard have a good season they should return a 2nd round pick too. Rebuild is not over yet imo but it's time to give kids experience to make sure they are not green rookies in 2026.

Reactions: cphabs

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Slaf and Kirby need to take space and just start ripping it, can't have Caufield as the only shooting threat on the team.

It'll open up more options for them.
Dach have 9 shots, same as a Suzuki, and they are tied in 2nd on the team for shots on net (behind Gally/CC with 14 each).

Slaf had 3 recorded shots last game, he effectively doubled his total over the season in one game. But he mostly just shoot on the powerplay despite spending most of it with his ass in front of the goalie's face. His line can't have extended ozone time for much of "one shot and out" at 5v5 right now for more.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Still have planty of picks too. We'll have two first round picks in 2025 one of which should be top 15 and if Calgary can hold long enough the 2nd could be top 15 too. We also have Pens 2nd round pick which should be fairly high. In 2026 we have Columbus 2nd. Lot of good 2nd round picks for the next two draft to move up in the first round. If Dvorak and Savard have a good season they should return a 2nd round pick too. Rebuild is not over yet imo but it's time to give kids experience to make sure they are not green rookies in 2026.
Yep!

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Slaf and Kirby need to take space and just start ripping it, can't have Caufield as the only shooting threat on the team.

It'll open up more options for them.
I don’t know why Slafkovsky doesn’t shoot more. He has a good shot.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's about time CC converted on one of his setups. Last year was brutal... :laugh: Slaf set him up so many times and it didn't go in.

Looking forward to seeing what Slaf can do. I think he has a shot at 70 points.

I think Caufield's season last year was a low for him. He's a 30+ guy for me all day long. Just don't know how much deeper he gets past 30. I can see him being all over the map when we look back in 10 years. A few 30+ and a few 40+ seasons. Probably averages out around 35/season in his career or something like that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dach is alone on an island surrounded by players who can't match his skill set. I like Newhook and Armia but not in the top 6.

I feel the same about this. Newhook as the 3rd wheel to Dach/Laine was OK but as the undisputed 2nd wheel with Laine injured, the quality drops quite a bit.

Ideally, Newhook and Armia are 3rd line players. Also have seen some fans pencil in Newhook as a center. I think not. He's a energy type winger for me and that's OK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad