Player Discussion Linus Ullmark (G)

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
They recalled Sogaard today. I think you have to play it safe and let Ullmark sit another game or two and revisit playing him against Utah. I'd skip the Lightning game this Saturday, being it's an afternoon game and goalies tend to often get injured on those games.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
They recalled Sogaard today.

office-space-michael.gif

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
It's not like Sogaard and Gaudette actually went anywhere.

This could mean something or it could mean nothing

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
It should scare all of us that our team is so reliant on one player. Without a serviceable backup in the NHL it's hard to win. Let's hope Monday was a fluke and Forsberg bounces back.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
its probably as simple as gaining those days of cap space since its worth 3-4x for the trade deadline
Also for Gaudette, it extends his waiver exemption, he gets 10 games or 30 cumulative days on the roster from the date he cleared.

I'd have liked to see Ostapchuk or Jenik, but I understand they don't like bouncing guys around,

Reactions: TheNewEra

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Also for Gaudette, it extends his waiver exemption, he gets 10 games or 30 cumulative days on the roster from the date he cleared.

I'd have liked to see Ostapchuk or Jenik, but I understand they don't like bouncing guys around,
i didnt know that, thats an interesting loophole

send him down every 9 games or 29 days haha

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
i didnt know that, thats an interesting loophole

send him down every 9 games or 29 days haha
It's cumulative, not consecutive, so sending him down on off days can get you a few extra days, but probably pisses off the player who gets a smaller paycheck...

Reactions: TheNewEra

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
It's cumulative, not consecutive, so sending him down on off days can get you a few extra days, but probably pisses off the player who gets a smaller paycheck...

Agreed. In Gaudette’s case, him getting pissed doesn’t mean much to the NHL team, he also is getting $400k+ in Belleville so any days he gets to play in the NHL is bonus.

Want to see the Big O and/or Double J Jenik as they are seemingly better fit for the 4th line although they need to prove they belong. Look forward to them getting a call up soon.

Wrt Linus Ullmark, if he is injured now is the best time for him to heal. Doesn’t sound like he is out long-term, but we do need him sooner rather than later. Forsarghhh it is against the Devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad