Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah.. Caufield scored two goals but even his timing has been off on a few looks.. but Slaf and Suzuki have been pretty miserable out there most shifts.

We know what they can do, but the way the pre-season went for that line has set us in a position where they aren't executing very well.

The whole top 6 looks like they've never played together before.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Yeah.. Caufield scored two goals but even his timing has been off on a few looks.. but Slaf and Suzuki have been pretty miserable out there most shifts.

We know what they can do, but the way the pre-season went for that line has set us in a position where they aren't executing very well.

The whole top 6 looks like they've never played together before.

That’s what happens after a bad training camp where the good players played 1 game lol…

And it takes longer for bigger guys!

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
You know, i've said before i'm a converted Slaf fan but I won't lie, the 1-2 punch of Slaf looking real absent/lost the first 2 games and switching over to Celebrini looking real good his first name really rocks me to my core

this team is pain

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Pretty meaningless with a 2 game sample size.. especially considering Slaf played with that line for 5 periods in which they were in a tight game or leading and defending the lead, with the Anderson switch happening at a time where the Bruins were defending a multi goal lead and let the Habs take more shots, which would explain why the shot share went up with Anderson.

The line as a whole was not very good for two games.. Anderson going on the line and having a better CF% is a game/score effect with such limited data.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Pretty meaningless with a 2 game sample size.. especially considering Slaf played with that line for 5 periods in which they were in a tight game or leading and defending the lead, with the Anderson switch happening at a time where the Bruins were defending a multi goal lead and let the Habs take more shots, which would explain why the shot share went up with Anderson.

The line as a whole was not very good for two games.. Anderson going on the line and having a better CF% is a game/score effect with such limited data.
The poster haven't bothered to check on Slaf's stats without CC/Suzuki. Slaf did better than 42.86 CF% with his new linemates. ;)

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Juraj Sr is in town

Expecting a goal tonight

1000009595.jpg

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
You know, i've said before i'm a converted Slaf fan but I won't lie, the 1-2 punch of Slaf looking real absent/lost the first 2 games and switching over to Celebrini looking real good his first name really rocks me to my core

this team is pain

What does Celebrini have to do with Slaf? We never had a chance to draft Celebrini

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Finally had a few good moments tonight. Still needs to move his feets way way more though.... Must be hiding all that money in his socks...
A few days ago, he mentioned to the media that he was thinking too much on the ice. Should be resolved in a few games. Already looked better this game and carried the puck more often.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Opposite of the beginning of last year where he played well and couldn't get points.. now he's not playing so well but is getting points, next step is playing well and getting more points.

His soft board play and pinches were bad on two goals, sadly. He's gotta get physical on the wall and seal things off there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad