Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Still the youngest guy on the team. That was a sweet pass on the PP for our only goal.

He looked like he was hesitating a bit, but I loved how he was laying the body early. I still get the impression he doesn't realize what he's capable of sometimes. He'll figure it out.
I felt like he was getting ahead of himself. He's being a little overconfident in maintaining possession, and he's getting his play killed because he's jumping to his passing options before securing the puck.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Montreal, I can go shopping. Like, if I go grocery shopping back home, I probably take 25 pictures. Here it’s more diverse, different types of people from different parts of the world, so not everyone knows you. In Slovakia, everyone knows you. In a store, the girl that sells you stuff knows you, if you go clean a suit they know you there, if you go buy a book, she knows you. It’s not like that here,”
If this is true, there is something wrong in Montreal country, isn't it? :naughty: I always thought, to play in Montreal and be a star means, you cant go shopping at all.

Btw... Why is he surprised, that everyone in Slovakia knows, who is he. When he jumps everyday in some tv advertising... You see billboards with him....

Reactions: Toene and Pomee

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That whole line was still shaking off the rust, some moments where the skill and chemistry stood out, but a lot of mistiming, and rusty handles.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Small PP adjustement:

I would put him on the wall instead of Dach. He can set up but he’s much more a shooting threath than Dach.

Dach would be solid down low, around the net presence.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The pass was as equally impressive as the one timer by Caufield. Slaf zipped it at him and it wasn't a perfect saucer pass either.
It's about time CC converted on one of his setups. Last year was brutal... :laugh: Slaf set him up so many times and it didn't go in.

Looking forward to seeing what Slaf can do. I think he has a shot at 70 points.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
he looked off yesterday, but just as off as Nick and Cole. Despite that, he made the key set up on the Cole goal, had a legit scoring chance in the slot, and had another set up later in the game.

This year will be a learning curve in consistency and in terms of being the target of other team's best players who now know what he is capable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad