OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Mid-Winter Blues Music

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Um... I can't help but notice a distinct LACK of Crazytown in remembrance of Shifty Shellshock's passing.

Where were you on this one, @Gurglesons?

(To be somewhat serious 49 is far too young and a shame)

Reactions: Gurglesons

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
Turn of the millenium was a weird time, man. Nu-metal, boy bands, mother****ing Creed.

Some dude with silver hair had a career-defining hit about buttfloss underwear.

Yeah, I was on my third kid by 2000 so didn't have much time to follow the latest trends in music.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
It's so sad how hard this band has fallen off.
Pretty much after Lullabies to Paralyze for me. There’s been a few songs off their more recent albums I ended up enjoying, like “I Appear Missing,” but the they’re way too few and far between.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Pretty much after Lullabies to Paralyze for me. There’s been a few songs off their more recent albums I ended up enjoying, like “I Appear Missing,” but the they’re way too few and far between.

I really liked Era Vulgaris. After that one it was all down hill.

It's weird because a huge issue with the newer stuff is the production and I always thought they were one of the better produced bands.

Funny enough, I live within five minutes of Rancho De La Luna now.

Reactions: Trade

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015

I hadn't listened to these guys in years until @Trade posted that track above.

I forgot how awesome these guys were... until right about after this album, like you said.

Most drummers would credit Low Rider or Don’t Fear the Reaper as their inspiration for purchasing a cowbell for their drum set - mine was “Little Sister” by them.

• Love
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Most drummers would credit Low Rider or Don’t Fear the Reaper as their inspiration for purchasing a cowbell for their drum set - mine was “Little Sister” by them.

Ha... that's funny you mention BoC because the main guitar riff for Little Sister always reminded me of this song:

Reactions: Trade

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
For fans of Beefheart and/or incredibly ambitious projects, this group is releasing an A CAPELLA recording of Trout Mask Replica in its entirety on July 17:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad