Prospect Info: The Second Overall Pick Thread: Part II (Kakko/Hughes Talk)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Nash scored 41 goals in his second year in the NHL... you're letting his twilights years performance here cloud your judgement of him as a young player. As a young kid he was a bull and used size and absolutely insane hands to attack the net regularly.

When will people stop being shocked that the last years of a players UFA retirement deal end up ugly? It's going to happen 90% of the time, that doesn't mean the player had a bad career or those years are in any way indicative of the players prime.

Nash had a good career, my problem is that I don't think he was ever good enough to be THE guy on a contending team like we hope Kakko will be.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Nash had a good career, my problem is that I don't think he was ever good enough to be THE guy on a contending team like we hope Kakko will be.
Yeah I mean we're guessing about what he'll end up being in terms of production, but stylistically I think Nash is a decent comparison from what I've seen from Kakko. Kakko engages physically a lot more than Nash but in terms of hands in tight and using his frame to rush the net I think there's a similarity.

Also, not that I'm hoping for it, but we should be prepared for the possibility that we're getting a Nash level player and not more than that. I hope he's more and it's certainly possible he's more, but it's a real possibility that he's that level when all is said and done. And that's not really bad for a 2OA.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
YciMsJJ.png

If he's better than all those players, including Barkov... OOOOOOOOH BABY

He has a HOF name

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
so much excitement for this kid

hes gonna struggle and need to learn the pro game so temper your expectations

he got all the tools though.

should be fun

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
I think I’d be relatively disappointed if Kakko only breaks 70 points once in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad