The Second 2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets seem to just let the Tigers do what they wish until they can get the puck for a break. Mighty dangerous way to play offense, but the way they have been playing most of the season. I said I have not been able to identify their offensive system. I might have stumbled upon it tonight.

A head coach running this as a system will not be a head coach long once he's set loose from his first job where he employed it.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Baertschi gets a breakaway out of the box and gets stoned. Bridgeport with a 2 on 0!!!
Guess what? They scored.

2-2

There is nothing more to say than this team plain sucks defensively. I'm sorry, no one can be held to blame for this horrendous defensive coverage more than the coaching staff with #1 being the head man, Cull.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Boucher hits the crossbar on the Comets 3rd PP.

Baertschi getting too cute.

Olli brings the puck all the way up to the blueline and then forces a pass all the way back to his own blueline wide of any Comet. What a way to help kill yourself on the PP.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Baertschi gets a breakaway out of the box and gets stoned. Bridgeport with a 2 on 0!!!
Guess what? They scored.

2-2

There is nothing more to say than this team plain sucks defensively. I'm sorry, no one can be held to blame for this horrendous defensive coverage more than the coaching staff with #1 being the head man, Cull.
Rafferty was the last man back racing forward on the attack with two Sound Tigers behind him...

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
It's just rinse and repeat all game long watching the opponent work the length of the ice passing at will and marching right into a great scoring chance. One after another, after another, after another, ................

conversely even vs a team this bad the Comets cannot free wheel in the offensive zone. The Tigers actually pressure the puck in an effort to disrupt the offense against them.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Shilkey with a wrister from the ride boards and it's 3-2 Tigers. Gadjovich left Shilkey alone and wide open to chase the puck in the D-zone for the scoring opportunity

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Another goal scored by a player allowed to march to the lower end of the circle and let go with a blast while going full speed.

3-2 Tigers.

Sautner's offensive IQ rivals that of Chatfield and he doesn't have one.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Joulevi and Sautner brutal on that goal

Olli has been back for 3 games. The opponents have scored 9 goals in the previous 2 games and 2 periods thus far tonight . Olli has been on the ice with Sautner for 5 of them/3 of the last 5. Sautner was out for 1 more. All have been 5 on 5.

Rafferty has been guilty of the same kind of faux pas he committed here tonight for the 2 on 0 goal. The difference has been the number of incredible saves his keepers have been making. McIntyre has come back to earth and was not able to be other worldly tonight.

Cull was the D-man coach for 3 seasons in Syracuse and was a defenseman himself for 10 years. Watching D-men play the way the Comets D has been playing since he arrived here 3 seasons ago is proof positive that this guy is in over his head. This season has been the worst of the 3. The fact that they have 4 rookies, 3 expereinced guys who are not ready to carry 4 rookies as they are barely able to take care of themselves, and most importantly, not a single vet D-man.

Reactions: go comets
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad