Jun 20, 2018
Is McLeod good ? Everyone on main board says he is bad
I think not bad

GRwBOODasAAXUk4.jpg

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
I think it makes sense. I don't know why we should keep Krebs now.
Krebs has every reason right now to be wondering where he fits. They clearly intend to start the season with McLeod as the 3C and Lafferty as the 4C. So unless they intend on trading Greenway, and I doubt that they do this offseason after last year, then Krebs doesn't seem to have a roster spot to start the season. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him moved as a secondary piece.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Krebs has every reason right now to be wondering where he fits. They clearly intend to start the season with McLeod as the 3C and Lafferty as the 4C. So unless they intend on trading Greenway, and I doubt that they do this offseason after last year, then Krebs doesn't seem to have a roster spot to start the season. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him moved as a secondary piece.
It seems that Briere liked Krebs, and there are some interesting players there for us.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I honestly think the team is almost there…a little more depth and the 3rd line center.

What I would do….with all the “almost ready” guys in Rochester, it seems like a no brainer thing to me about Krebs, he just hasn’t shown the “flashes” to me to keep him above Kuluch, Savoie, etc, nor is he a big body that could be a banger…his future, whatever that may be, is not in Buffalo.

Depth move….Krebs for Iaffalo

Then use one of 2025 1st, 2nd, Rosen, etc to bring in the 3rd line center. At this point an overpayment is to field a complete roster so who cares.
I want to keep Krebs…but I’d like to find a way to get Iafallo too. I’m not sure there’s room anymore though.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
With the recent trade for 3C, Krebs for Iaffalo would on paper make this the best team we’ve had since the co-caps, at least top to bottom complete team.

I’m excited
That’s true but Iafallo would be another contract we’d have to worry about. It’s starting to get crazy, the amount of players who’s need to be signed after the season. Certainly wouldn’t be against it.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
That’s true but Iafallo would be another contract we’d have to worry about. It’s starting to get crazy, the amount of players who’s need to be signed after the season. Certainly wouldn’t be against it.
The fact there is an internal budget below the cap is gonna make it even harder.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Sorry Sabres fans. McLeod is not good.

He skates like mcdavid, but has no hands, no shot

Even worse his hockey IQ. No brains

Ryan McLeod is a good PK guy. He’s fast has the potential to maybe be a decent player, but I see him going down the path of M. Joseph

McLeod got scratched in the playoffs and we were kinda better off

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Sorry Sabres fans. McLeod is not good.

He skates like mcdavid, but has no hands, no shot

Even worse his hockey IQ. No brains

Ryan McLeod is a good PK guy. He’s fast has the potential to maybe be a decent player, but I see him going down the path of M. Joseph
We know who he is. Most of us watch the league. Thanks for your input.

FWIW, many of us have been down on Savoie and that he was severely overdrafted and had been passed by several prospects. So good luck.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I don't think it will happen but the Sabres do have room for one more significant deal. That said, one thing about this roster is it much deeper and able to withstand the rigours of an 82-game season. If the goal is to make the playoffs, depth matters. You have to get points day in and day out and really be deep that AHL guys are not in your lineup because of injuries. It's really up to the elite stars now to dominate, and part of that will be actually having a PP that isn't a complete joke.

But look top to bottom

Goalies -- Three deep
Defence -- eight deep plus Ryan Johnson
Forwards -- 13 deep with Rosen/Kulich on the bubble

My biggest issue is too many guys are closer to 4th liners than 3rd liners. We will need a lot of production from top lines and PP.

Benches shorten in playoffs, and I don't think we have the elite talent to go far, but who cares? The playoffs are such a crapshoot and you have to get there first. And goaltending often defines success.

Reactions: Dingo44 and Club

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I have a feeling that Jokiharju will file for arbitration.

I don't think UPL will, but I might be wrong if he doesn't like how negotiations have gone so far.
I was wrong. :facepalm:

I should have known Jokiharju is too timid to file for Jokiharju.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Honestly it's better to have Krebs work his ass off to be that 3C/4C guy than to rely on him with no backup plan. As much as some don't want to believe it Peyton still has a lot of room to develop and if he puts in the work and adds some bulk and strength he could be a perfect Lindy guy.

He might be the 13F some nights but his story has a long way to go. Lafferty is only signed for two years and McLeod is an RFA after this year.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Honestly it's better to have Krebs work his ass off to be that 3C/4C guy than to rely on him with no backup plan. As much as some don't want to believe it Peyton still has a lot of room to develop and if he puts in the work and adds some bulk and strength he could be a perfect Lindy guy.

He might be the 13F some nights but his story has a long way to go. Lafferty is only signed for two years and McLeod is an RFA after this year.
How does McLeod's RFA factor into this? If he's good they'll extend him. Right now I don't see a place for Krebs on this roster.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
How does McLeod's RFA factor into this? If he's good they'll extend him. Right now I don't see a place for Krebs on this roster.

Maybe translate it? I give my reasons in the post. It's possible Krebs ends up being better than Laf or McLeod in a couple of years but we couldn't rely on him being our 3C and having competition is good.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Maybe translate it? I give my reasons in the post. It's possible Krebs ends up being better than Laf or McLeod in a couple of years but we couldn't rely on him being our 3C and having competition is good.
Maybe, who knows. I meant now it seems to be getting to 13F.

Reactions: elchud

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
The fact there is an internal budget below the cap is gonna make it even harder.

I don't know if this is true?!?!?!

They were going after Ehlers apparently. If Ehlers was looking for 7.5+ on his next contract, we would be in seriously cap trouble next season.

No way we would pay $9 for Konecny which is probably what he'd want to sign with us long term.

We are one season away from being at the cap. Looking forward to this narrative going away.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
The best part of this trade is Adams showing that he is not some sort of combination of derelict and insane. Gifting Krebs the 3C spot that he hasn't earned is some sort of combination of derelict and insane.

As 13th forward (if thats what he is) Krebs will play 66 games or so? and you can put him at center or the wing, up or down the lineup.. Or he earns a top 12 spot in camp or over the course of the season. It's the position he deserves at the moment and the team still likes him and supports him and nothing is stopping him from stealing a lineup/roster spot from another guy.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
The more i read about the trade the more angry you feel. We seemed to get a cap dump . Should we fire adams ? The point is we should have get these players for a couple of 2 rounders not a 9 th overall
This fanbase is ridiculous. Fans whine when Adams doesn't trade prospects to upgrade the team and also whine when he does cause it's the wrong prospect.

It's fans like you that I hope this team continues to fail.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad