The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

This is really captures some of the stupidity of today. Adams made more comments on the subject after that. He talked about laying out your plans to the player and what you hoped to do, etc. But once it’s clear they don’t want to come here you move on. Which is , you know, perfectly normal and what you would expect.

I’m continually amazed at the utter nonsense spewed feeding this never ending rage cycle. Sabres twitter is a cesspool of garbage more often than not. EDIT: And Ben is hardly that bad. But this take was ….

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Farabee is signed, with term, and local kid and no trade protection. If I had to guess, it checks kevyns wishlist.
No, I meant who they would cut from the roster to add a top 6 forward. I just thought they were going to add a top 6 forward, not Zucker.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018

This is really captures some of the stupidity of today. Adams made more comments on the subject after that. He talked about laying out your plans to the player and what you hoped to do, etc. But once it’s clear they don’t want to come here you move on. Which is , you know, perfectly normal and what you would expect.

I’m continually amazed at the utter nonsense spewed feeding this never ending rage cycle. Sabres twitter is a cesspool of garbage more often than not. EDIT: And Ben is hardly that bad. But this take was ….

Because people are tired of waiting so many years. This is the meme team.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Because people are tired of waiting so many years. This is the meme team.
I hate ignorant crap. If you want to be mad, base it on reality not so some made up bullshit. It’s not like there isn’t plenty of reality to be mad about with Adams. No need to go down this path like a petulant child (Not you specifically).

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I hate ignorant crap. If you want to be mad, base it on reality not so some made up bullshit. It’s not like there isn’t plenty of reality to be mad about with Adams. No need to go down this path like a petulant child (Not you specifically).
I don't know, I don't read Twitter and what people write there. I'm just saying that people can go crazy following this team.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Ruff is not a magician, he had a more balanced and experienced roster in the Devils and he only made the playoffs once. If Adams had given him a good roster I would have believed in the playoffs with Ruff, but this roster is not good enough and now I probably even agree that there was no point in buyout Skinner if you replace him with Zucker, who is also aging, gets injured, is not good at defense and does not score like Skinner.

With all the signings they've made, it looks like they've frozen the roster. Maybe they'll trade Jokiharju for the futures and that's it.

Adams himself basically said this is it with the door a crack open. Maybe that's a ploy. I said slight of Ruff. This isn't a playoff team and unless all the young kids get way better. The guys they picked up today are predictable players. Quinn, Cozens, Thompson, Levi, Peterka, Benson, Power could all have better years. Much butter. You want to be optimistic about that, fair enough. But if they all have great years you will be asking why Pegula short-changed roster again and didn't add more.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

Judging by Adams success recruiting people, it sounds like he has a shitty pitch and can’t connect with players.

Ben is 100% right, it’s his job to convince players to come here. He cant just shrug his shoulders and move along. Other teams send out information packets and have players (and ex players) call to help with recruitment. His pitch can’t be a 5 minute conversation and move along.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Blame it on the FO
EDIT: The following is not about you specifically because you’re not like that.

I’ll blame it on the posters who can’t walk and chew gum.

Crazy me can not be satisfied by Adams work so far and not have to have some silly pithy comment in response to everything.

I can already imagine 90% of the posts this summer. They will be some version of….

ADAMS SUCKS!!!!

PEguLA iS cHEap!!!!

Posters can rant away to their hearts content in the Adams or Pegula threads about those things. But unfortunately it will be everywhere and that means this forum will suck ass.

Last edited:

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, it's Twitter not 13 years of not making playoffs in a league where 50% of teams make it.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Briere knows the market. He knows the knives are out. Gonna be a f***ing ransom.
We have so many prospects that losing one or two would be almost unnoticeable. I don't even see room for them considering we already have Thompson, Tuck, Cozens, Quinn, Peterka and Benson on the roster and you need guys like Greenway or someone like that on the third line. The only thing I'd rather keep is Helenius.

Trade 2025 1st + prospect/Krebs/Joki for 3C and top 6 forward

Briere. The man that re-signed Erik Johnson today. That Briere.
Briere trying his best to tank, but damn Torts keeps winning games. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad