The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I’m sure he’s making shit up but it has crossed my mind several times when he says he is in on everything and talks to everyone that his extreme lack of moves matters. It makes me think of Tim Murray saying that there are some GMs who you know it’s just a waste of time. You have better things to do than go over your rosters with a GM who doesn’t do anything. GMs have five years of talking to Kevyn Adams. Almost all of which was a complete waste of time
September 2020 was 5 yrs ago...is this the nee math?
Besides Colorado and Caps GM? I think this is complete nonsense from Peters.

I see the arguement that NJ isnt trading Marino to buffalo because they could be competing for the dame WC spots
If I'm a gm, the last thing I'm doing is creating a no trade list of my own to further limit my options. To think one GM did that, let alone several or all of them is pretty hard to believe.

It sounds much more like the kind of fuel for the rage machine that people make up when they don't like the results and dont have all the details of the situation. I call it "Rogan's Law." When in doubt, the most scandalous explanation is most likely the correct one.

I can see not wanting to cooperate with a few gms who insult/disrespect you.
Adams made 4 trades this weekend with 4 different teams.
Those dont count.

I have a feeling there may be a kernel of truth somewhere in there but not for the reason we think. I heard Stan Bowman speak once about making big moves at a conference. He said that often big moves require decisiveness. You often have to make a few sequentially to accomplish what you need to to. He noted that you often have to identify those teams where the GM has authority to act quickly or the other parts of the plan fall apart and you are left with half a loaf. I don’t get the impression Adams has carte blanche authority and as a result, things take too long to be vetted through committee. A lot of teams may find that frustrating. A simple x for y like the SJ deal or the Caps trade, sure. Something more involved, I think KA needs tomrun those up the flagpole, and if conditions change in the negotiations, they need to run those up the flagpole as well. Just an observation.
I agree in the high profile trades there may be controls or owner approval like if he was going to trade Power. I dont think those things exist around the lower players

I think what Bowman is talking about is self centered. It's like home buying and contingencies around them selling their property. Another gm may be fine with this trade but it means they need to acquire/ trade another player or if they are the sellers and bowman is 1 of 5 in a bidding war.
Man, I hope Byram shows his worth, but trying to put together a mock lineup/roster and this would be so much easier with mittelstadt in the mix.

My gut says KA wanted to sign Mitts for 3 yrs but he wanted 6+ yrs that KA would not do. That motivated the trade.
Ryan johnson played pretty well in his limited minutes, but now i feel like he's forced out of the lineup because it's "too much youth", while the gaping hole at C remains.
johnson in/out of the 23 man is solely based on the decision around the 2RD spot..Is it power/byram ? Joker? Someone else? Option 1 says RyJo is on the team, the others we makes him mainly in Rochester.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I see the arguement that NJ isnt trading Marino to buffalo because they could be competing for the dame WC spots
Yes, but that's because they don't want to strengthen a conference rival, not because no one wants to trade with Adams because he's supposedly a fool.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I know monahan hasn't been real popular but I wouldn't mind him as 3c depending on the price. I don't know what any of these guys are projected to make, anyone have a chart?

My armchair GM for tomorrow would be
1719755254801.png

• Realistically Matt Roy probably not happening, so Joker would just push everyone up
  • Prospect probably goes in a kadri trade, philly needs a RD I think, so joker in that one
  • Don't think Iafallo would cost much, jets fans seem to want to clear some salary
  • The actual combos aren't really my focus here, but if a C with some offensive ability is acquired middle 6 wingers could shuffle a bit so it's not pure top 6 bottom 6 split. I think there are some reasonable combos that could make 4 lines that are pretty difficult to play against
  • Hoping one of the Cs in the list could be had with shortish term. Really a placeholder

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
My big fear offseason:

-3C not addressed (internal fill with Krebs/Kulich/Savoie)
-4C via overpay (Carrick/Stenlund)
-Top 6 winger is an overpay to Kane
-Run it back on defense
- Force Levi back to the NHL by not getting a legit backup to UPL (this is already come true, sadly)

End up being around 7M under the cap still and every single negative narrative about the Pegulas and Adams is alive and well.

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Ravenking32

Oct 10, 2022
I have no inside source of information. I just know it’s too early to get worried about the offseason. How do I know? Not one UFA has been signed. Please, give it until at least tomorrow evening before twisting.
The insiders are saying 75% of free agents already have their destination decided. The time to worry is here

TunaBoss44

Oct 30, 2015
Buffalo
I know monahan hasn't been real popular but I wouldn't mind him as 3c depending on the price. I don't know what any of these guys are projected to make, anyone have a chart?

My armchair GM for tomorrow would be
View attachment 889898

• Realistically Matt Roy probably not happening, so Joker would just push everyone up
  • Prospect probably goes in a kadri trade, philly needs a RD I think, so joker in that one
  • Don't think Iafallo would cost much, jets fans seem to want to clear some salary
  • The actual combos aren't really my focus here, but if a C with some offensive ability is acquired middle 6 wingers could shuffle a bit so it's not pure top 6 bottom 6 split. I think there are some reasonable combos that could make 4 lines that are pretty difficult to play against
  • Hoping one of the Cs in the list could be had with shortish term. Really a placeholder

It's not Monahan's price that bothers me. It's the term. It wasn't too long ago that he was considered damaged goods. If I can get him for 2-3 years, I'd be fine with it but I feel like the injuries are going to catch back up to him

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
This is so dumb but on brand for Peters.

If anything, teams would be circling Adams to take advantage of the pressure he’s under to make moves.

There is no mystery as to why he hasn’t made a ton of big moves after the two development years. He hasn’t been willing to pay what it takes to close deals and many players don’t want to come here.

Last edited:

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I have no inside source of information. I just know it’s too early to get worried about the offseason. How do I know? Not one UFA has been signed. Please, give it until at least tomorrow evening before twisting.
Definitely should wait and see...but really though, when was the last time a quality FW was signed in free agency? I really can't think of one until I get back to Rick Vaive (or was he traded to Buffalo?).

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This is so dumb but on brand for Peters.

If anything, teams would be circling Adams in an attempt to take advantage of the pressure he’s under to make moves.

There is no mystery as to why he hasn’t made a ton of big moves after the two development years. He hasn’t been willing to pay what it takes to close deals and many players don’t want to come here.
The last bit is why other GM's aren't circling back to him: he's a waste of their time and difficult to deal with. KA is literally Garth Snow (who was infamous for not making any move unless he was 100% sure he won big) but biggest failure of an owner in hockey history decided to hire an unqualified crony to be our GM and here we are...

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad