The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Hodgson and Ennis were supposed to be our Briere and Drury!

That's an important bit to leave out, my man!

The question from Lance wasn't specifically about the 3C position, it was about the center position in general. Also, that quote in and of itself doesn't hint anything about Krebs being a candidate for the 3C position, just that they like him as a player. Honestly, I wasn't thinking about it...

I think this is just a case of some people reading tea leaves, some people panicking as they do about everything, and some people reading nothing from it. I could have quoted "I had a dream about purple headed spaghetti monsters" and some posters here would have responded "if Pegula wasn't so damn cheap it would have been a lasagna monster"

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Krebs just turned 23 a week ago. At this age Mittelstadt was coming off a 40 game 19 point season and Tage had 14 points in 38 games. Ralph had a lot to do with it but players usually break out at 23. Plus he hasn't had Ruff as a coach.
Yeah. I actually want to see him at 4C surrounded by some players who will play physical and battle like rabid dogs. That could bring the rat out of him, and help him simplify his game more. Play a north south game, get the puck deep, and put in work.

I also love his attitude.

Reactions: Fjordy and Dingo44

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
I am not good at values. Do we have an estimate on the kind of value Ehlers has? He only has 1 season left at 6 mil.
Pending UFA wingers are around late 1st + prospect value at the TDL.

Their value always seems to be lower in the summer though. Like Mangiapane getting a late future 2nd or Toffoli getting a 3rd + Yegor.

Maybe 2nd + Joki?

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Pending UFA wingers are around late 1st + prospect value at the TDL.

Their value always seems to be lower in the summer though. Like Mangiapane getting a late future 2nd or Toffoli getting a 3rd + Yegor.

Maybe 2nd + Joki?
What about packaging both our 2nds? I am fine with moving Joki too, just curious if 2 high 2nds gets it done. Trying to make sense of the pick swapping deal.

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
What about packaging both our 2nds? I am fine with moving Joki too, just curious if 2 high 2nds gets it done. Trying to make sense of the pick swapping deal.
That would probably work.

Anyone who thinks you’re getting Ehlers for anything less than a 1st or equivalent prospect is not living in reality.
I think you're way exaggerating the value pending UFA wingers in their late 20s have.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
If I was GM Tomas Hertl and Andrew Mangiapane would be on this team while I'm working on a Morgan Frost deal.

Instead my heart's been ripped out by this anemic organization.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
If I was GM Tomas Hertl and Andrew Mangiapane would be on this team while I'm working on a Morgan Frost deal.

Instead my heart's been ripped out by this anemic organization.
Hertl has a full NMC still, and Mangiapane has a NTC, and who knows if Frost is even available. The Sabres have continuously been one of the top 5 teams on players NTC's pretty much since teams started giving them out. I know it's easy to say we could have matched these offers, but with NTC's there's always a high probability Buffalo couldn't even get a seat at the table.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Hertl has a full NMC still, and Mangiapane has a NTC, and who knows if Frost is even available. The Sabres have continuously been one of the top 5 teams on players NTC's pretty much since teams started giving them out. I know it's easy to say we could have matched these offers, but with NTC's there's always a high probability Buffalo couldn't even get a seat at the table.

Good post, and we should temper against the idea of getting every friggin guy. I don’t think Mangiapane adds what we need, and he’s pricey. Dunno about the rest, but that’s one I think we’d regret.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad