The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Adams has set the table. Now don’t fumble it.

Thus ends my mixed metaphor.
The problem us you might have space this year, it goes away thr next 3 yrs.

After filling out roster with signing G and bottom 6 under $2M they might gave $8M in space. Below you see a projected roster and cap space

light green are empty spots

3LD/2RD--say acquire Marino/vet RD for 3 yrs at 4.5M
3/4 C for $5M for 3 yrs
13F.rousek at 0.74 this year
14F at 1M
in future years Peterka/Quinn/Benson get 2 yr 3.5M bridges
in 26/27 and 27/28 internal prospects fill RD roles

this taps into a skinner buy out

With one position you could opt to trade say Paterka/Quinn for a veteran winger.

Of course trades are not factored in like say they were to trade one of Byram/Dahlin/Power or one of UPL/Levi by summer 2027 a well as some of their young wingers.

vet 3C would get replaced by Ostlund in 27/28 on an ELC or bridge

In 27/28 you might pay Quinn. Peterka, or the young propsects higher money and some you will need to trade.,

1719419149999.png

This year they may have about 9M for a one year rental. The remaining years there are going to be around a million to the cap.

26/27 could be tight where they only go with 22 man roster at 13/7/2

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The problem us you might have space this year, it goes away thr next 3 yrs.

After filling out roster with signing G and bottom 6 under $2M they might gave $8M in space. Below you see a projected roster and cap space

light green are empty spots

3LD/2RD--say acquire Marino/vet RD for 3 yrs at 4.5M
3/4 C for $5M for 3 yrs
13F.rousek at 0.74 this year
14F at 1M
in future years Peterka/Quinn/Benson get 2 yr 3.5M bridges
in 26/27 and 27/28 internal prospects fill RD roles

this taps into a skinner buy out

With one position you could opt to trade say Paterka/Quinn for a veteran winger.

Of course trades are not factored in like say they were to trade one of Byram/Dahlin/Power or one of UPL/Levi by summer 2027 a well as some of their young wingers.

vet 3C would get replaced by Ostlund in 27/28 on an ELC or bridge

In 27/28 you might pay Quinn. Peterka, or the young propsects higher money and some you will need to trade.,

View attachment 887501

This year they may have about 9M for a one year rental. The remaining years there are going to be around a million to the cap.

26/27 could be tight where they only go with 22 man roster at 13/7/2
If only they had spent years drafting high end skill forwards so they could have a group of low salary forwards to choose from the years Skinner’s cap hit is higher.

Oh wait…that’s all they did.

You need to spend on a one year top six player now. So that none of Kulich, Rosen or Savoie are counted on to take a spot now. But in a year…you’ll have cheap labor coming. And Kulich and Savoie still make the minimum both years that Skinner’s hit is above 2.4 million.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
If only they had spent years drafting high end skill forwards so they could have a group of low salary forwards to choose from the years Skinner’s cap hit is higher.

You need to spend on a one year top six player now. So that none of Kulich, Rosen or Savoie are counted on to take a spot now. But in a year…you’ll have cheap labor coming. And Kulich and Savoie still make the minimum both years that Skinner’s hit is above 2.4 million.
That seems to be the plan. Let the young guys cook in Roc this year and hopefully one can force their hand this year. Bring in the ELCs when things get tight.

Reactions: HOOats

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I'm not the one on herr in talking of acquiring all these vets and forcing the kids to stay in rochester and awarding Quinn, peterka, and benson the higher money just because they were first in line.

I dont have a problem bringing in some short term help.

I dont want to acquire one that is on a high 6+ yr contract like Cirelli nor trade 11OA for a rental that will turn into another buy out in 4 yrs.

I dont want yo sign a 28+ player to a 5+ ur contract

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Taking stock, as of RIGHT NOW (more or less) and assuming Skinner is bought out:

JJP-Tage-Tuch
Quinn-Cozens-AAAA
Greenway-Krebs-BBBB
CCCC-DDDD-EEEE
FFFF-GGGG

Byram-Dahlin
Power-Jokiharju
Samuelsson-Clifton
HHHH

UPL
Levi

I doubt we're getting a goalie, so that's set.
Defense? Maybe we ditch Joker and bring in a RHD, but I'll believe that when I see it. Maybe we bring in a different 7th defenseman, but I'm betting it's Bryson

Forwards:

Benson is likely player A or player B.
Other options for A/B: Savoie, Kulich, Rosen, someone outside of the organization.
C, D and E are likely coming from outside the organization. One of them could be Zemgus, maybe.
F or G -- one is probably Rousek (I sure hope he's not gifted a bottom line spot), the other probably from outside the organization.

Reactions: HOOats

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Taking stock, as of RIGHT NOW (more or less) and assuming Skinner is bought out:

JJP-Tage-Tuch
Quinn-Cozens-AAAA
Greenway-Krebs-BBBB
CCCC-DDDD-EEEE
FFFF-GGGG

Byram-Dahlin
Power-Jokiharju
Samuelsson-Clifton
HHHH

UPL
Levi

I doubt we're getting a goalie, so that's set.
Defense? Maybe we ditch Joker and bring in a RHD, but I'll believe that when I see it. Maybe we bring in a different 7th defenseman, but I'm betting it's Bryson

Forwards:

Benson is likely player A or player B.
Other options for A/B: Savoie, Kulich, Rosen, someone outside of the organization.
C, D and E are likely coming from outside the organization. One of them could be Zemgus, maybe.
F or G -- one is probably Rousek (I sure hope he's not gifted a bottom line spot), the other probably from outside the organization.
If Adams gets Mangiapane and extends him, I will forgive his sins he's about to commit this off season with buying out Skinner and not using the cap to bring in someone tangible.

Also forgive him when he's canned and we are still paying Skinner in year 4 and 5 up against the cap and need that 2 million to secure a big time 4th line player.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
If Adams gets Mangiapane and extends him, I will forgive his sins he's about to commit this off season with buying out Skinner and not using the cap to bring in someone tangible.

Also forgive him when he's canned and we are still paying Skinner in year 4 and 5 up against the cap and need that 2 million to secure a big time 4th line player.
As long as the extension to Manga is reasonable, I'm all for it.

And I personally won't think it's a sin if Skinner is bought out. Yeah, the $6+M against the cap in 26/27 might hurt, but it's still ~$2.5M less than it would be if Skinner was on the roster. I'm relatively unconcerned about the ~$2.5M cap hit the last 3 years as the cap is going up and it'll be a pittiance.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
"The hottest potato right now involves pending restricted free agent Martin Necas, who wants a change of scenery. The Canes have heard from nearly every single team in the NHL on him — I believe the Buffalo Sabres have very serious interest — but it’s getting to be crunch time if a trade is going to happen that involves a first-round pick Friday as part of the package."

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I didn't really want Necas, but maybe I don't know enough about him. Is he not next Jeff Skinner that the RBA wants to get rid of? What are his pros and cons as a player?

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Yeah I’m not big on Necas. He’d be good if we didn’t have so many offensive type forwards. We need a Swiss Army knife guy, konecny is a pipe dream but god he’d be perfect

Reactions: Club
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad