The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If it will hurt less to trade Skinner to the Leafs than to do the buyout...

Skinner + 2025 1st + Kisakov
for
Liljegren + McMann + Benoit

Then maybe a Jokiharju for Hayton type deal

You've got money to throw at Joshua now

UPL 4x4.5
Joshua 4x4.5
Sherwood 3x3
Hayton 3x3
Krebs 2x1.5

Joshua Thompson Tuch
Quinn Cozens Peterka
Benson Hayton Rosen
McMann Krebs Sherwood
Tierney? or some 13F center

Byram Dahlin
Power Liljegren
Sammy Clifton
Benoit

UPL
Levi
3G
Why would the Leafs take Skinner's $9 million contract? They'd be smarter to wait until he gets buyout and sign him for half the price. And Skinner wouldn't give up his NMC even for Toronto to get buyout and then get more money.

Only reason I think Levi should be in the AHL is because I'd like him to get more cooking time to be the best goalie possible. However I think he is a lot better at this moment than a lot of NHL backups. I
I just hope they sign some goalie with NHL experience, even if it's in Rochester.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I can't understand how anyone doesn't see that we are going to get Babcock'd by any of the UFA's who are sought after and when that happens Adams will likely make an ill advised panic signing/trade that ends up being a huge mistake.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
I think Skinner is done is a sabres uniform. Would love to see someone like Necas or Ehlers replace him but its probably gonna cost Ostlund, Kulich or Rosen to start and they will probably want a roster player back. Could see Samuelsson going the other way.

No idea really just think Skinner is done here and Buffalo brings in a top 6 to replace him.
Hey Kuddos to this guy.

He called it over a month ago.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I can't understand how anyone doesn't see that we are going to get Babcock'd by any of the UFA's who are sought after and when that happens Adams will likely make an ill advised panic signing/trade that ends up being a huge mistake.
giphy.gif

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
When the game gets tight, teams need two things from their forwards:

Players who keep the game simple, avoid costly mistakes, and generate production through a simple game (shots on het, traffic in front of the goalie, players there for rebounds). Cozens, Tuch, Greenway, Benson, and Krebs all fit this description.

Players who can create something from nothing. Peterka's speed is difficult to handle, and Quinn has the skills and vision. Thompson is in the category when healthy. This is where having a player like Zegras would be helpful.

Adams can add a player like Zegras, while adding more of the simple game players (examples are Dowd, Colton) and create a forward group which can play through though games.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Players who keep the game simple, avoid costly mistakes, and generate production through a simple game (shots on het, traffic in front of the goalie, players there for rebounds). Cozens, Tuch, Greenway, Benson, and Krebs all fit this description.

Players who can create something from nothing. Peterka's speed is difficult to handle, and Quinn has the skills and vision. Thompson is in the category when healthy. This is where having a player like Zegras would be helpful.

Adams can add a player like Zegras, while adding more of the simple game players (examples are Dowd, Colton) and create a forward group which can play through though games.

I don't see Krebs fitting that description at all.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don't see Krebs fitting that description at all.

Krebs wants to play like Zegras, but he just can't do it. (I mean his passes)

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021

Good point, we have to stop bringing dum dum's here with low hockey IQ.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Krebs wants to play like Zegras, but he just can't do it. (I mean his passes)
If we do really have a analytics department I can't see this fact getting by them and up to Kevin no matter how much they like his attitude and effort.

4th line Girgs or whoever-Dowd or whoever-Krebs is ok I guess.

Reactions: Fjordy

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Not sure I'd put Tuch in that category after the last two seasons, but i also think part of that was due to coaching.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I feel like we already get the hard-nosed speed and goal scoring touch with Tuch on that line, though he would be a good fit too
I catch myself daydreaming of Peterka on a secondary scoring line giving other teams matchup fits.

I keep going back to
Peterka-Cirelli-Benson

Cirelli + Peterka's speed to put other teams 3rd and 4th lines on their heels + Benson's two-way play and vision to help generate rushes and keep the o zone pressure alive. A man can dream.

Reactions: KeepKane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad