The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I would sign someone like Blueger and trade for Kotkaniemi. It probably wouldn't cost us anything in terms of assets. It's not that I'm greedy, it's just that I've gone through so many centers and almost all of them have some kind of obstacle.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Has he become available? Like the player, he's a physical dude who plays to that style.
Some caps fans on Twitter liked himbut seemed unsure if he had a spot locked in

No interest in either.

Not giving tampa a high first and $10M in space
don't have to like the exact deal but tampa maybe being harder to beat because a pick and space doesn't outweigh 30 other teams being easier to beat because our roster improved

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Some caps fans on Twitter liked himbut seemed unsure if he had a spot locked in

don't have to like the exact deal but tampa maybe being harder to beat because a pick and space doesn't outweigh 30 other teams being easier to beat because our roster improved
False assumption that it will improve the roster.

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
I want nothing to to do with Kokaniemi; guy is an overpaid soft player that brings little to the table while being paid far more than he has any right to be.

A shut down 3C is a literal joke. The guy starts 60+% in the offensive zone and has his entire career with declining statistics and a god awful contract

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I want nothing to to do with Kokaniemi; guy is an overpaid soft player that brings little to the table while being paid far more than he has any right to be.

A shut down 3C is a literal joke. The guy starts 60+% in the offensive zone and has his entire career with declining statistics and a god awful contract
His contract is not a problem because it is easy to buyout and it will cost us almost nothing in terms of cap. But if it works out, his contract will be good for his role. He had a bad season, but before that he put up good numbers: 18 + 25, played good defense. I don’t think he is hopeless.

3453453534.png

I mean, it must be not good that Kevyn went and traded for him without telling anyone. I think it should be Adams, Ruff, Ventura and Karmanos get together and discuss a player like Kotkaniemi, whether he can benefit from a change of scenery, ask Ruff what he thinks, what Ventura thinks. If they all agree, it makes sense. If not, you can look elsewhere.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I’d make a trade for Kokaniemi. Carolina fans gauge his value around a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

They think he can be a valuable 3C in a shutdown role.
I'd want to send salary back and they could probably use an RD if Pesce walks. Replace the pick with Clifton.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
If you wanted to replicate Florida trading for Bennett this is about the closest approximation I can see. Perceived lower value because he’ll never be the top six scorer they’d hoped, but is still an effective and physical player.
He’s a player I’ve wanted for a while. Bottom 6 power forward teams want in the playoffs.

Don’t look at last year in isolation. He’s been more effective in previous years.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
He’s a player I’ve wanted for a while. Bottom 6 power forward teams want in the playoffs.

Don’t look at last year in isolation. He’s been more effective in previous years.
Pod is probably a 4th liner at this point but I like to think there's still some upside and can probably slot into a 3rd line role in a pinch. Not much offense and not a defensive force but he definitely gets the dirty work done. If they see some untapped potential it would be an easy grab. Some may have a better perspective than me.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I think William Karlsson is ideal based on leadership qualities, position, remaining term and my guess when it comes to acquisition cost.

Kotkaniemi is interesting but I don't like the risk involved. Feels unnecessary when we have trade capital and will face a cap crunch eventually.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Did he not play center in Buffalo? Damn getting older, I can't remember
I think he could, maybe even played. I think he can play any position in attack.

I think William Karlsson is ideal based on leadership qualities, position, remaining term and my guess when it comes to acquisition cost.

Kotkaniemi is interesting but I don't like the risk involved. Feels unnecessary when we have trade capital and will face a cap crunch eventually.
No Vegas fan wants to trade him, seems like an important guy in the locker room. It certainly makes sense for Buffalo, but again, will he be available, what is cost, will Adams pay?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I think he could, maybe even played. I think he can play any position in attack.

No Vegas fan wants to trade him, seems like an important guy in the locker room. It certainly makes sense for Buffalo, but again, will he be available, what is cost, will Adams pay?
It's contingent on their extensions and going big game hunting again. I'm just guessing but they tend to be non-sentimental and trade their good soldiers.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
It's contingent on their extensions and going big game hunting again. I'm just guessing but they tend to be non-sentimental and trade their good soldiers.
Hopefully Wild Bill doesn't have Buffalo on his M-NTC. I like that option.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Until we actually start making the playoffs, it's probably safe to assume that Buffalo is on the overwhelmingly vast majority of NTCs across the league........especially so with guys already on Cup contenders.
I partly agree. But sometimes players include teams in their MNT-C for various reasons. Some don't want to move to Canada or to states with high taxes. Maybe there are players who don't mind playing close to home, as was the case with Skinner, and they don't include Buffalo in their M-NTC. Although Buffalo is probably mostly owned by many players in their M-NTC, But I don't think everyone does.

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020

I bet the cost is cheap for wild bill - Vegas likes to dump their contract so they could pick up the next shiny toy. It’s a good target for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad