Speculation: The Remaining UFA's

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

There had been some murmurs that Ondrej Kase wanted another chance in the NHL, but it sounds like he's staying with Czech league team.

This article (through a rough Google translate) mentioned Edmonton and Pittsburgh as the primary suitors but that an offer didn't materialize. Not sure if Kase was the backup plan if other guys hadn't signed and/or they only offered a PTO.

...meanwhile this account says Kase had offers but chose to stay home for family reasons.
He should stay home for the health of his brain.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Not how it works, I assure you he thinks about it all the time and it’s a part of why he has fallen off so far.
I didn't say he doesn't think about it. I said it would have stung and been worse for him had he not made enough to support himself and his family while being responsible with this money.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'm more interested in RFA broberg. Don't understand why a team has not signed ot an offer sheet. Unless maybe Broberg has turned down.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
UFA’s still on the market as of the beginning of September.

Forwards:
LW Van Riemsdyk
LW Pacioretty
LW Hoffman
RW Wheeler
RW Yamamoto
LW Kubalik
LW Katchouk
RW Okposo
RW Clutterbuck
C Tierney
LW Martin
RW Labanc
LW Gagner
C Bellemare
C Bonino
LW R. Pitlick
LW Khaira
RW Luff
LW Erne
LW Hirose
C McKegg
RW T. Pitlick
RW Mayhew
C Weatherby
RW Reedy
LW Tracey
C De Leo
RW Gust
C Johansen
LW Lucic

Defensemen:
RD Shattenkirk
RD Schultz
RD DeAngelo
RD Addison
RD Lindstrom
LD Tinordi
LD Scandella
LD Goligoski
LD Giordano
LD Staal
LD Dermott
LD Zboril
LD Niemelainen
RD Bjork
RD Pysyk
LD Mete
LD Irwin
RD Fedun
LD Johansen
LD Day
LD Norlinder
LD Fairbrother
LD Rosburg
RD Hakanpaa + Knee Surgery
RD Klingberg + Hip Surgery
RD C. Foote - HC Investigation

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I can't say I watched a ton of Nashville last year, but 9 even strength points in 41 games seems a bit low for an offensive minded D.

Probably not too many spots left / teams who could use a guy like Barrie in a PP heavy role. Feel like he could be a placeholder PPQB in San Jose but they already have a bunch of D signed as it is. Anaheim could use another RHD but maybe more a stay at home guy than somebody like Barrie.

Ballpark RHD depth by division:

San Jose could fit since I'm not sure who their PP1QB will be.

Maybe Chicago but they already have enough placeholder D.

Before July 1, I thought Florida could work for Barrie but they've seemingly filled up their spots with Schmidt/A.Boqvist. I feel like Tampa will be adding somebody eventually, just don't know if they're looking for a guy like Barrie.

Pittsburgh seemingly could use a 3RD but probably more of a PK type.
St.Ivany looked really good at 3RD down the stretch last year. Doubt they're looking.

Reactions: Brodeur

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
I gotta figure the Canucks will sign one or give a PTO to one of the remaining RHD. Schultz maybe.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Does he have anything left in the tank?
He wasn’t bad last year by any means and probably has another with some managed time. Rumor is that Nashville is interested (Trotz connection). As for other former Isles, I’m still under the belief Lou moves on from Wahlstrom and then uses the space to sign his linemate Matt Martin so he can get to his 1000th game,

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
There's not a lot left in the free-agent pool.

Maybe Mike Hoffman, Dominic Kubalik and Tyson Barrie at the right price in the under 35 category, and a lot of waiver-wire fodder. PTO look-sees, probably.

Max Pacioreetti, JVR and a few other greybeards you could throw $1 million at if you want to take a chance on a roster spot, but nothing to write home about.

Slim pickings, to be honest.

Reactions: Ovechkins vodka

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I gotta figure the Canucks will sign one or give a PTO to one of the remaining RHD. Schultz maybe.
I think they bring someone in. Shultz or Shattenkirk seem like pretty good bets. Maybe even Tyson Barrie to add a puck moving option on the right side.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
UFA’s still on the market as of the beginning of September.

Forwards:
LW Van Riemsdyk
LW Pacioretty
LW Hoffman
RW Wheeler
RW Yamamoto
LW Kubalik
C Lorentz
LW Katchouk
RW Okposo
RW Clutterbuck
C Tierney
LW Martin
RW Labanc
LW Gagner
C Bellemare
C Bonino
LW R. Pitlick
LW Khaira
RW Luff
LW Erne
LW Hirose
C McKegg
RW T. Pitlick
RW Mayhew
C Weatherby
RW Reedy
LW Tracey
C De Leo
RW Gust
C Johansen
LW Lucic

Defensemen:
RD Shattenkirk
RD Schultz
RD DeAngelo
RD Addison
RD Barrie
RD Lindstrom
LD Tinordi
LD Scandella
LD Goligoski
LD Giordano
LD Staal
LD Dermott
LD Zboril
LD Niemelainen
RD Bjork
RD Pysyk
LD Mete
LD Irwin
RD Fedun
LD Johansen
LD Day
LD Norlinder
LD Fairbrother
LD Rosburg
RD Hakanpaa + Knee Surgery
RD Klingberg + Hip Surgery
RD C. Foote - HC Investigation
Wonder how many of these have stopped working out

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Columbus needs to sign 2 or 3 of these guys and give them lots of minutes. Injuries will inevitably happen and rookies playing higher in the lineup than they should, will be more likely to get injured.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
He wasn’t bad last year by any means and probably has another with some managed time. Rumor is that Nashville is interested (Trotz connection). As for other former Isles, I’m still under the belief Lou moves on from Wahlstrom and then uses the space to sign his linemate Matt Martin so he can get to his 1000th game,
I'd like to see CC here in Jersey. He would probably like to play the Isles and Rags

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
I'd like to see CC here in Jersey. He would probably like to play the Isles and Rags
Cal will be a PTO somewhere unless he has that deal with Nashville in place already. He’s a warrior.

Columbus needs to sign 2 or 3 of these guys and give them lots of minutes. Injuries will inevitably happen and rookies playing higher in the lineup than they should, will be more likely to get injured.
How far under the cap is CBJ?

Reactions: Smitty426

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
I think Klingberg will be in camp with the Leafs. Just call it a hunch, but they were still working with him after the year and into the Summer on his rehab. He was there working with Murray who did ultimately sign with the Leafs. I have no evidence beyond that, but a Swede sticking around to do the work in Toronto ain't a meaningless observation.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
How far under the cap is CBJ?
Cap isn't the issue. Can sign anyone and be over the floor. Jenner / Monahan being the only top 6 veterans players is...need players that can eat minutes and be good teammates without giving up assets.

Oh and before anyone says good luck or there's none in that list. Maybe not on your team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00