The Rebuild: Inside the Montreal Canadiens docuseries discussion (Episode 1 and 2 now available on Crave)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Have you check the ticket prices lately. I'd want a good show too for that price.

I don't feel compelled to go to games unless it's free but that's besides the point. I also don't get the sense that this guy had to much too worry about money wise.

Reminds me of the guy who bitches about the opening act of a concert regardless of how the actual band he paid to see does.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
The Habs youtube 23-24 intro video has 24 comments, half of them is people complaining about the ceremony and iirc we all joked about it here as well.

When we don't say nothing we end up with baby blue 3rd jerseys so don't be afraid to speak up folks.

This old club seat guy is BASED.

1000008740.jpg

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Imagine some old dude being that triggered over a Flippin pre game intro.

I don't think he was just a random fan. If you're somewhere where Geoff Molson is accessible, you're probably a business loge client or something else to that effect. You bring clients to an event like that and you expect your money's worth. If I'm Geoff, I'm grateful for the feedback.

And I probably would have told him the goal song sucks, too. Maybe this is how we get l'oreille back. :sarcasm:

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
I don't feel compelled to go to games unless it's free but that's besides the point. I also don't get the sense that this guy had to much too worry about money wise.

Reminds me of the guy who bitches about the opening act of a concert regardless of how the actual band he paid to see does.
I mean we bitched about that very ceremony here at the GDT and collectively found it to be meh and boring, this guy got to express it directly to Molson and didn't shy away, if anything I found it ballsy

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Are they gonna hand it over on a dinosaur?
Best to remember the great history we have. It’s what separates us from every team in the league. Without that history we might as well have flashing lights and play Thunderstruck like the Tampa Bay Lightning do.

I get saying that it’s wrong when we’ve got players like Mike Ribeiro holding it up but we have the makings of a good young team that might actually win something. You think it wouldn’t mean anything for them to get the torch passed to them by Larry Robinson? I think it would.

If that jersey’s history doesn’t mean anything then we might as well just be the Anaheim Ducks.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Best to remember the great history we have. It’s what separates us from every team in the league. Without that history we might as well have flashing lights and play Thunderstruck like the Tampa Bay Lightning do.

I get saying that it’s wrong when we’ve got players like Mike Ribeiro holding it up but we have the makings of a good young team that might actually win something. You think it wouldn’t mean anything for them to get the torch passed to them by Larry Robinson? I think it would.

If that jersey’s history doesn’t mean anything then we might as well just be the Anaheim Ducks.

Resting on our great history was basically how Bergevin could skate through 10 years of doing nothing.

There's ways to recognize our history and still push things forward. We don't need to do a torch ceremony for a 20th year in a row. Seriously, we started doing it when Andrei Kostitsyn was a rookie.

Andrei Kostitsyn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad