The Ratings Thread - a lot of people watched wrestling on Super Tuesday, sort of

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
He showed up at the NFL draft in make believe wrestling costume. Absolutely embarrassing isn't new in Jacksonville.

I actually would've been OK with it if he hadn't killed the gimmick by turning his head incessantly throughout the night lol.

... Well, that and his falling to the mat and laying dead for 2-3 seconds before realizing he might wanna grab his gut and sell. :laugh:

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
1727308388487.png

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I actually would've been OK with it if he hadn't killed the gimmick by turning his head incessantly throughout the night lol.

... Well, that and his falling to the mat and laying dead for 2-3 seconds before realizing he might wanna grab his gut and sell. :laugh:

I still like that kind of carny shit as a wrestling fan so I can't hate on it, but I doubt the football people in the room were in love with it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Screenshot_20240927_174013_Reddit.jpg

Feels like a lot of this tracks. Ratings peak summer of 21 with the new signings culminating in the return of Punk and the show settles into a new higher nomr going into 2022. Bit of a dip after ROH is purchased and I think the first Forbidden Door is in there somewhere you get a dip, but they recover going into the All Out build.

Then Brawl Out happens and it's been trending down since.

You can also see a drop off right when Punk debuted at Survivor Series.

Also did Sting retiring really cause more of a drop off? Graph makes it seem so, but I find it hard to believe an extra 100k stopped watching solely because of Sting

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Very interesting look at it...they've put on severally good shows recently and have done a better job at story telling...odd they still can't get traction.

It feels like WWE has hit there fall storyline arc down before they build back up in jan...good shows should draw more eyes...maybe just not enough time and many have decided that 2 1/2 (since NXT is down there in ratings) nights of wwe is all they want to watch

Or they tried AEW and it wasn't WWE so they went back...IDK..just want it to make sense

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Very interesting look at it...they've put on severally good shows recently and have done a better job at story telling...odd they still can't get traction.

It feels like WWE has hit there fall storyline arc down before they build back up in jan...good shows should draw more eyes...maybe just not enough time and many have decided that 2 1/2 (since NXT is down there in ratings) nights of wwe is all they want to watch

Or they tried AEW and it wasn't WWE so they went back...IDK..just want it to make sense
If I'm reading those Wrestlenomics graphs right, other than maybe recently, NXT ratings have been up this year?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Maybe it's a star power thing. Punk and Sting leaving obviously. Kenny has been out. Cole has been out. MJF both missed time and honestly has dropped off a bit from his peak.

I think if they keep telling good stories, guys will rise up and become those big stars that seem to draw in viewers. Something will spark that will change the trend.

WWE is definitely showing a peak and leveling off or slight downward trend in total viewership lately. It's being offset though that their demo numbers are still going up.

They did that kind of chart for NXT and it was surprising how consistent it was. Some peaks and valleys but the show has been living in that 550K area it's entire run. It's a massive increase in the demo that has been it's success.

Reactions: Fro

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
View attachment 910342

Feels like a lot of this tracks. Ratings peak summer of 21 with the new signings culminating in the return of Punk and the show settles into a new higher nomr going into 2022. Bit of a dip after ROH is purchased and I think the first Forbidden Door is in there somewhere you get a dip, but they recover going into the All Out build.

Then Brawl Out happens and it's been trending down since.

You can also see a drop off right when Punk debuted at Survivor Series.

Also did Sting retiring really cause more of a drop off? Graph makes it seem so, but I find it hard to believe an extra 100k stopped watching solely because of Sting
I know Brawl Out is when I started losing interest. I will still watch every now and then, but I have not watched a full show in a long time.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I know Brawl Out is when I started losing interest. I will still watch every now and then, but I have not watched a full show in a long time.

It's hard not to draw some correlation between Brawl Out and interest dipping. I know HHH first got the book a few weeks later and other stuff was going on.

But that just felt like a singular moment that sucked a lot of wind out of the sails

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad