The Powerless Play! Habs lose 2-0

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 13m
So in other words, Michel Therrien did not sound very disappointed with Nikita Scherbak.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 14m
Therrien on Scherbak Pt II: "He showed us that he will play in the NHL...We're very happy with the way he performed with our team"
Аrpon Basu retweeted
Alex Prewitt ‏@alex_prewitt 16m
Trotz said Nate Schmidt passed NHL concussion protocol. Was getting dressed with everyone else in the locker room.
Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 16m
Therrien on Scherbak: "He has the skill to play in the NHL. He just needs to understand the game a bit better, which is perfectly normal."

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It's not about being a Leafs lover, it's that Shannon is a NHL office stooge, he knows Gary hates big hits so he is singing the same toon. Saying "that's the sort of things they want out of the game".

If there was any confirmations that Gary wanted hits gone, this is it. Shannon is their spokesman. Gary prides himself every year in front of of the press how "concussions are down".

Sorry but weren't you telling people to 'grow up' for criticizing Shannon earlier re: Scherbak?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
To answer the question; the hit was on Nate Schmidt.

Also, for the record, posters from other fanbases are allowed to post here given they are following the rules. Holding the opinion that Tinordi's hit was a headshot (despite the fact that it wasn't) and asking who the player was that got hit isn't breaking any form of rule. It's just a question.

No need to be hostile. It's just pre-season. Chill. Relax.

...I'm having fun with him...Chill...Relax..:laugh:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
be nice:) your being mean:cry:

Also Granberg`s was an odd one where Larsson skated into it as much as the elbow came back. The play reversed with Granberg on the left and Larsson his right but 4 feet back, Granberg turned to get the puck and played it back to his left while Larsson had cut to his left and bursted towards Granberg, Granberg had no idea he was even there and was just playing the puck. Tinordi`s was an intentional hit that caught head

Mostly right. Tinordi checked Nate Schmidt with what looked like a clean, tucked-shoulder hit. Unfortunately, because Tinordi is so big, Schmidt's head went directly into the meat of his shoulder pad. Bottom line, Tinordi appeared to be going for the check, not the head. The rest was a result of the height discrepancy.

bobbyt911

Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 2m
Michel Therrien did take care to point out that Alex Galchenyuk is 20 years old, and to keep that in mind. Called moving to centre a process
Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 3m
One of the moments Galchenyuk will need to learn from is the winning goal. Subban was at fault, but Ward was Galchenyuk's man in front.
Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 4m
Michel Therrien was lukewarm on the performance of Alex Galchenyuk at centre, saying he had some good moments and some bad moments.

prob better than the Leaf-Buf game tonight. Its been comically bad at points.
Guys are literally just watching passes go right by, most passes are in skates and the Leafs have been so funny oohhh Franson is hurt looks bad leg

Analyzer*

prob better than the Leaf-Buf game tonight. Its been comically bad at points.
Guys are literally just watching passes go right by, most passes are in skates and the Leafs have been so funny oohhh Franson is hurt looks bad leg

Good.

Hopefully he misses some time, so Montreal doesn't have to overpay significantly for his services when he's a UFA.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Was 100% clean. No chance imo.

Tinordi was low, came up and hit him in the chest/head area, player gets injured. That's one thing the league wants to clean up, they want shoulder to shoulder, not shoulder to head/chest area to stop injuries.

Here is Tinordi's record for the night:
05:11 MTL Jarred Tinordi Tripping - 2 min against Eric Fehr
13:25 MTL Jarred Tinordi Kneeing - 2 min against Steve Oleksy
01:55 MTL Jarred Tinordi served by Jiri Sekac Elbowing (maj) - 5 min against Chris Brown
01:55 MTL Jarred Tinordi Fighting (maj) - 5 min against Nate Schmidt
01:55 MTL Jarred Tinordi Game misconduct - 10 min

Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but even if they don't give him a suspension, one thing is for certain, Tinordi will be labelled by the league as a player to watch.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Tinordi was low, came up and hit him in the chest/head area, player gets injured. That's one thing the league wants to clean up, they want shoulder to shoulder, not shoulder to head/chest area to stop injuries.

01:55 MTL Jarred Tinordi served by Jiri Sekac Elbowing (maj) - 5 min against Chris Brown

Maybe they will, maybe they won't, but even if they don't give him a suspension, one thing is for certain, Tinordi will be labelled by the league as a player to watch.
I want you to remember everything you just wrote the next time Chara hits ANYBODY shorter them him. As you say, its an instant 5 min + 10min+ game

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Pshaw.
The worst offence was the kneeing caught going the wrong way.
The rest was a good strong hit with a shoulder on a kid who should of had his head up.
No leaving his feet no arm or elbow movement and no drive upwards.
Tinner was slightly hunched over when he delivered the check but it had no bearing on the play.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I want you to remember everything you just wrote the next time Chara hits ANYBODY shorter them him. As you say, its an instant 5 min + 10min+ game

Don't shoot the messenger, and don't get so stupidly emotional. I never said what is bolded, you did, not me. I have nothing to do with the calls on ice nor whether there is a suspension or not. It's the league who makes the decisions and it's how they see it is what counts, not the responses from emotional fans.

The thing is the league wants to stop certain hits in order to reduce injuries and if you think the league is going close a complete blind eye to what happened in todays game, you are just fooling yourself. As I said, if they decide not to suspend him, they will at least put a "watch closely" sticker beside his name.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Don't shoot the messenger, and don't get so stupidly emotional. I have nothing to do with whether there is a suspension or not. It's the league who makes the decisions, it's how they see it is what counts, not the responses from emotional fans.

The thing is the league wants to stop certain hits in order to reduce injuries and if you think the league is going close a blind eye to what happened in todays game, you are just fooling yourself.

The league will end up owing Tinner a game on this one :help:

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Quintal is more likely to praise Tinordi for the hit than suspend him.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Don't shoot the messenger, and don't get so stupidly emotional. I have nothing to do with whether there is a suspension or not. It's the league who makes the decisions, it's how they see it is what counts, not the responses from emotional fans.

The thing is the league wants to stop certain hits in order to reduce injuries and if you think the league is going close a blind eye to what happened in todays game, you are just fooling yourself.

The check was 100% legal. Hell, the refs on the ice couldn't find anything legitimate to call Tinordi on so they made up a phantom elbow.

Maybe if the guy had gotten a concussion they could try to invent a justification because of the result but the guy is fine and passed the concussion protocol.

There is no chance that the league gives a suspension on this. I'd be really shocked.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Galchenyuk is clearly more prolific at centre. He has to make mistakes like the Ward goal, in order to learn.

Desharnais is a good player and the team is better with him (in the regular season). Pacioretty seemed lost without him.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
How did Jarred fare in the fight?

Held Brown (I think?) at arm's length throwing a few jabs and it ended up as a strength contest on the ice. It was an okay fight I'd say. Tinordi is going to be a tough customer for anybody. His strength is right there.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
The check was 100% legal. Hell, the refs on the ice couldn't find anything legitimate to call Tinordi on so they made up a phantom elbow.

Maybe if the guy had gotten a concussion they could try to invent a justification because of the result but the guy is fine and passed the concussion protocol.

There is no chance that the league gives a suspension on this. I'd be really shocked.

What else is Tinordi supposed to do? He was playing his position and playing where it was expected he would be playing and the Cap player skated right into him without looking where he was going.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
What else is Tinordi supposed to do? He was playing his position and playing where it was expected he would be playing and the Cap player skated right into him without looking where he was going.

I agree. It's lame. It looks like players can immune themselves to body checks by skating with their heads down?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad