OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Super Bowl 50

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Agreed.

Who gives a **** if he didn't answer the stupid, scripted "how do you feel right now? what's the mood in the lockerroom? what could you guys have done differently?" questions. :laugh:

And I don't even really like Cam.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I also just saw some clips from the Cam interview.

Directly behind him, separated by a curtain, was Chris Harris talking very loudly about “We knew he couldn’t throw on us” and “Did y’all see him dance today? He didn’t dance.” That's a pretty ****** situation to put Newton in. He could hear everything being said by Harris.

That's a pretty low class set-up by the NFL.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I am kind of surprised that Eli isn't getting tortured by the media for his reaction to the win.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
I also just saw some clips from the Cam interview.

Directly behind him, separated by a curtain, was Chris Harris talking very loudly about “We knew he couldn’t throw on us” and “Did y’all see him dance today? He didn’t dance.” That's a pretty ****** situation to put Newton in. He could hear everything being said by Harris.

That's a pretty low class set-up by the NFL.

Oh no, I hope his feelings weren't hurt.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
As far as Cam's celebrations go, I'm pretty ambivalent. But Newton and their D to a lesser extent carried the Panthers to the Super Bowl. The guy was fantastic all year with Ted ****ing Ginn as his best WR. And he was still ****ed only 15 minutes after losing. They should find something else to talk about.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Oh I almost forgot my favorite part of this Super Bowl...

mannings.0.gif

Someone in the Manning family may have had money on Carolina...

Mine too. :laugh:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Depending on when that was taken during the game, that could be the reaction of two nfl players, one retired one active, that realize the game is never over till it's over, and can't relax enough to celebrate just yet.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Depending on when that was taken during the game, that could be the reaction of two nfl players, one retired one active, that realize the game is never over till it's over, and can't relax enough to celebrate just yet.

My thoughts as well.

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
If I remember right, it was just after their last td to put them up by 12. Also if you watch, Archie raises his arms up...his face is just blocked by that point. I'm thinking he didn't see what was going on. Eli did and it's hilarious how he reacted.

Last edited:

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Unless his girlfriend is perjuring herself, Johnny Football needs some serious help.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
If I remember right, it was just after their last td to put them up by 12. Also if you watch, Archie raises his arms up...his face is just blocked by that point. I'm thinking he didn't see what was going on. Eli did and it's hilarious how he reacted.

That's the look of a man who just lost the one thing he had to hold over his otherwise more accomplished big brother.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
If anyone should have been pissed in the Manning family is should have been Archie.

His two boys each have two Lombardi's to his none. :laugh:

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh

That or Eli knew that if he were caught jumping up and down, rooting for Denver, that his Giants teammates would give him a ton of **** for it.

Maybe he didn't want to enter the lockerroom for the rest of his career to find a Denver Superbowl hat and shirts in his locker everyday?

IDK.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
That or Eli knew that if he were caught jumping up and down, rooting for Denver, that his Giants teammates would give him a ton of **** for it.

Maybe he didn't want to enter the lockerroom for the rest of his career to find a Denver Superbowl hat and shirts in his locker everyday?

IDK.

That makes no sense. He already has two of his own and the opportunity to add a third before his career is over.

member 51464

Why would the Giants give Eli **** for being happy for his brother? It isn't like the Giants lost to the Broncos in a recent Super Bowl or anything.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Thomas Davis plays with a broken arm and stitches that stretched across his entire forearm and Cam is scared to get hurt. Wow.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Thomas Davis plays with a broken arm and stitches that stretched across his entire forearm and Cam is scared to get hurt. Wow.

After stating that, I can't even imagine how pissed off his teammates must be. They give every ounce of blood/sweat/tears to get to the SB and they're supposed field general says that?? He really does think highly of himself to make such a selfish statement.

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
Cam is getting a ton of flak for being sad, dejected, upset, and short in his post-game interview. What do people expect for a man who just lost the biggest moment of his career?
He's not the first person to lose a Superbowl. Do you think all the previous players who lost did not also feel angry/sad/dejected/etc? Do you think his own team mates did not also feel those things? Yet none of them ever stormed off the stage like that or treated the media (and by extension the public) like that. Like it or not press conferences are part of the package of being a professional athlete. Especially for someone like Cam who painted a massive bulls-eye on his chest with his words and antics as a self proclaimed icon he absolutely should have faced the music.

In his own words "I see myself not only as a football player, but an entertainer and icon." So no he does not get to play the I'm just a football player card. Icon is essentially another word for role model. Is that the way kids are to deal with losing? Say what you want about how athletes should not be role models...that does not change the fact that to young minds they absolutely are. He is the face of the Carolina Panthers and potentially one of the main faces of the NFL brand as a whole in the very near future. So yeah I believe he has a responsibility to suck it up like every other player has and did and sit there to answer the questions to the best of his ability or else take well deserved flak for being a sore loser.

I was actually rooting for Denver in this game because of Cam Newton. I don't hate him like I do that Tom Brady. I actually dislike Peyton more, because the more that came out about the HGH incident the more guilty he seems (Seriously why would any innocent person send goons to harass the parents of someone else?). I have no issue with Cam, having fun and posing after touchdowns and the like. (Provided he doesn't do it while losing...that always rubs me the wrong way). However in the past few months his interviews made it seem like his ego had just been getting too inflated by his success. There is a line between being confident and having some swagger and being annoyingly cocky/arrogant. I mean take for example the way he blew off the late night talk show correspondents like he was too good to partake in any of their antics. He was the only one. With a win I feared he would permanently cross that line. Where as I hoped with a loss that maybe he would grow a little an learn a bit of humility. Eat some humble pie, accept his fair share of the blame, acknowledge his weaknesses, and maybe actually start to be more of a person I could feel good rooting for more often. Instead...nope. Just like he never admitted or accepted any blame for the college scandal with his father (even well after the fact when the NCAA already stated they could not do anything) he pretty much dodged all responsibility for the Superbowl loss. On top of that he pretty much insulted his own coach by stating that Rivera did not say anything worth mentioning. Really disappointing that even days later he still does not get it.

"I don’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was—it could have been [contorted] in a way,” Newton said. “OK, you say my effort. I didn’t dive down. I fumbled. That’s fine. But we didn’t lose that game because of that fumble. I can tell you that.”"

Pathetic. Even if he admitted that he did not dive for fear of injury but now acknowledged even the possibility that was the wrong decision...I could at least respect that. Instead he doubled down. Still not admitting any fault on the play or accepting any direct blame for the loss thrown his way. $cam Newton at his finest.

Last edited:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I've reached my fill of Cam Newton, and NFL in general, Hot Takes. Too many words have been spilled on both sides of a non-story.

10 more days until Spring Training ladies and gentlemen. I'll see you all in the Pirates thread... :vhappy:

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Batman would've jumped on the fumble - and he would have done it even without his exosuit.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Maybe he should have tried to jump on the fumble; maybe he was justified in worrying about his legs getting taken out, or getting demolished by a couple Broncos as soon as he touched the ball. I don't know. I do know a lot of Bengals fans regret Dalton breaking his hand trying to tackle Tuitt, and no one questions a QB giving a half-*** effort (like avoiding getting blocked) after throwing a pick six.

I just think he's taking way too much heat for one play, when the guy was fantastic all season and basically carried an offense with a good TE, mediocre RB, mediocre O-line, and average-at-best WR to the Super Bowl.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Maybe he should have tried to jump on the fumble; maybe he was justified in worrying about his legs getting taken out, or getting demolished by a couple Broncos as soon as he touched the ball. I don't know. I do know a lot of Bengals fans regret Dalton breaking his hand trying to tackle Tuitt, and no one questions a QB giving a half-*** effort (like avoiding getting blocked) after throwing a pick six.

I just think he's taking way too much heat for one play, when the guy was fantastic all season and basically carried an offense with a good TE, mediocre RB, mediocre O-line, and average-at-best WR to the Super Bowl.

I doubt you'd find any Bengals fans regretting that Dalton made that play if he had made it during the Superbowl. Just like I doubt people would be talking much about Cam making this play in week 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad