OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Tomlin rejecting that penalty to go with 2 and 11 instead of 1st and 20 just shows how little Tomlin respects the Broncos offense. And frankly, it's hard to blame him.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
I actually like Penix more than I like either McCarthy or Nix, but yeah that pick with the Cousins contract is bizarre.

McCarthy needs the best O line imaginable to be effective. What made Ttun so good was they had the best offensive line in college football with 5th and 6th year guys starting. He won’t be afforded that in the NFL.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Steelers offense has looked worse this half than the first..outside a 37- yard penalty for them, they’ve done shit…Payton must have made some adjustments

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I still think Smith has overall done a good job, but I really don't like some of his play calls in the second half here. A 5'9" Calvin Austin should simply not be running a route in the center of the field.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
They really need to get Austin involved on some designed roll outs. Austin and Ben would have been a great success. He actually has really good hands.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I still think Smith has overall done a good job, but I really don't like some of his play calls in the second half here. A 5'9" Calvin Austin should simply not be running a route in the center of the field.

Yeah I was gonna say I feel dumb complaining about him since he’s so much better than Canada. But I think a lot of the negatives we heard about as a play caller have been on display the first two weeks.

Pretty predictable and some of his personnel choices are kinda suspect.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't think the calls have been egregious today, but the refball in this game is making this game really drag on.

Yeah I was gonna say I feel dumb complaining about him since he’s so much better than Canada. But I think a lot of the negatives we heard about as a play caller have been on display the first two weeks.

Pretty predictable and some of his personnel choices are kinda suspect.

Yeah he's a decent OC that has issues. It's just night and day from last year because Matt Canada is a shitty college OC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad