OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Honestly even more than that, I think Holstein can go to a school with much better receiving talent and a more pass heavy game than Pitt. At the same time, how often do players transfer twice in college? I figure it's not super often. And if Holstein keeps being as good as he has been so far, he may leave for the NFL draft after his junior year too.

I think he chose Pitt because of this offense, so he obviously likes what is going on here. I think he has the It factor. Awesome pocket presence, flies through his reads and quickly makes decisions, takes care of the ball, and can demoralize teams with his legs. Pitt boosters have to come to the table for this one.

Reactions: Ulf5

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
What if in your comment here we replace the words “or is it because” with “when”?

Or what if the answer to this question is “yes” or “both”?

Why can't it be both? Sure, if they had Justin Herbert they'd be willing to play more aggressively and attack the center of the field more. That being said, that gameplan of "avoid throwing to areas where the team's best DBs are" is something every team does.

This team knows it has a dynamic defense and won't be giving up a ton of points in most games. Playing a conservative offense, while boring, is an easy way at limiting mistakes and not putting your defense in a bad spot. That's not unique to Fields, Wilson, Pickett, Trubisky or anyone else. They're just more conservative with them than they would be with a true top QB for the obvious reason: the top QBs are way better.

Both makes sense as an answer, but it opens up the question about what proportions of both and whether it was more about Fields (or even just the Steelers) than the Falcons.

And I do very much believe in waiting and seeing what the answer is rather than assuming Smith will do just as Canada did. But I get people thinking they've seen this show before and everything that goes with that.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Something I forgot about was Teddy Bruschi and his health issues. His voice regarding Tua right now is an important one because he both came back when everyone said he shouldn't have and also retired because of a heart issue.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Interesting thing to note: despite Moore not being on the injury report at the end of this week, Fautanu is still expected to start at RT today. Moore was a full practice participant on Thursday and Friday and is not listed as questionable for the game today.

Really interesting that they're pulling Moore after he had a great week 1. I wonder if Moore is in a "he can practice but he's not 100%" situation, so they figured they'd rest him anyway.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Interesting thing to note: despite Moore not being on the injury report at the end of this week, Fautanu is still expected to start at RT today. Moore was a full practice participant on Thursday and Friday and is not listed as questionable for the game today.

Really interesting that they're pulling Moore after he had a great week 1. I wonder if Moore is in a "he can practice but he's not 100%" situation, so they figured they'd rest him anyway.

Unless something’s changed I think I saw Moore is starting at LT and Fautanu is at RT with Jones being benched. I can’t say I agree with that call from a long term development point of view but from a “Who gives us the best chance against Denver” view, I can’t really argue with Moore over Jones.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
I swear the way some people obsess over Pickett they’ll need to be institutionalized if he ever works out somewhere

The handling of the OL post-Munch has been horrific.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I swear the way some people obsess over Pickett they’ll need to be institutionalized if he ever works out somewhere

Odd self report but you do you.

Unless something’s changed I think I saw Moore is starting at LT and Fautanu is at RT with Jones being benched. I can’t say I agree with that call from a long term development point of view but from a “Who gives us the best chance against Denver” view, I can’t really argue with Moore over Jones.

Interesting, you may be right based on how they were used in practice. It looks like Jones was practicing at RT as well at the end of the week. I'm trying to see on Twitter who got the first team reps at LT but I can't find anything on it.

DanielPlainview

Apr 28, 2009
Need to pick between Lazard, Palmer, Mattison, and Shaheed for my last flex spot. Leaning Lazard but not 100% sold

Interesting, you may be right based on how they were used in practice. It looks like Jones was practicing at RT as well at the end of the week. I'm trying to see on Twitter who got the first team reps at LT but I can't find anything on it.

The only people who routinely bring him up are those who can’t handle anyone being critical of Jesus Fields

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Jones isn’t healthy either

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA

Moore got the first team reps at LT on Thursday and Friday.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Someone needs to keep track of TJ's stats for bad penalties that negate a sack or fumble. Last week he was robbed of 2 sacks and a FF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad