OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
And 37 is a hell of a lot more than 4, yes?

IF this deal is hung up because of a guy of this bums Ilk that's absolutely absurd!
I ride with Fillipponi, who has a flawless track record of reporting inside scoops. Aiyuk will be a Steeler.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I think this is a given, if Aiyuk wanted to go to any of those teams, he would have been traded by now.

I think Aiyuk only wants to go to the Commanders or Steelers. I’m actually a bit surprised the Commanders aren’t more interested in Aiyuk, I think they have the pieces to pull him off.

I got curious and spent three minutes trying to find out why they hadn't stayed in the game. I found nothing. My guess though is that the team that finished 3rd from bottom, but has McLaurin and Dotson as their top 2 WR options (20 combined TDs in the last two seasons despite ropey QB play) doesn't feel the need to spend big on another WR.

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
In other news, Roman Wilson is already out of his ankle brace. Hopefully he'll be back on course soon.

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
crickets

Because we're being lied to.
It doesn't matter how many scoops I provide you. You're clearly just a Fillipponi hater.

Once Aiyuk is officially announced a Steeler within the next few days, I expect the biggest of apologies from you if you have an ounce of integrity within you.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
If the 49ers can’t afford to pay Aiyuk 28 million then they can’t afford DK

It's probably the best WR they'll get offered though. And they get him for 1 year at a cheap price. By this time next year they likely believe their rookies are ready to take on an increased role and DK can walk.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
It's probably the best WR they'll get offered though. And they get him for 1 year at a cheap price. By this time next year they likely believe their rookies are ready to take on an increased role and DK can walk.
But DK is making 29 million next season in 25 he isn’t a rental like cooper. He makes 24 in 24 which is 10 million more then Ayiuk
If we were able to get DK wouldn’t we just keep him instead of Aiyuk since RW constantly works out with DK

Sutton in Denver was a name I saw floated
Same with DK RW already has a repore with him and his next contract isn’t gonna to be nearly as expensive as Aiyuk

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Closer walks 2 batters.......... Cruz being Cruz

I'm completely over Cruz at this point........ you can't with a guy who carries himself as a superstar and isn't even average. GO BACK to wherever you came from POSER

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I just wouldn't keep Pickens if you end up bringing in Aiyuk and pay him WR1 money.

Just trade Pickens for picks and draft a WR to replace him. Go with Aiyuk, Wilson and that newly drafted WR as your main WR group.

Letting Pickens have one year and then flipping him at the draft would probably be wise. He will be a problem leading up to his contract year. I've kind of given up on him being a good soldier.

Get Aiyuk, let Pickens pump up his stats, flip Pickens at the draft and recuperate Aiyuk picks. Maybe draft a WR or Austin and Wilson prove they are the answer.

The best thing to happen is Dan Moore will be included in a deal and Jones can play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Empoleon8771

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad