RIP Johnny Gaudreau

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
None taken, but at the time of my post I didn’t know that. In fact, TSN1050 said that the driver stayed around and there were no known charges.
It’s still under investigation and I wouldn’t use the term murder.
Definitely not if he wasn't drinking and it was an accident. However, if he was drinking when this happened, then in my mind, it was murder.

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
Wow. I thought that he maybe just had a drink (“consumed alcohol” as it was first reported), but he was outright drunk! Unfortunately his imprisonment would not return two young lives.
True, and the sad thing is, it also affects the drunk driver's family. They also lose a husband, father, son, and so on. (I am not saying I feel sorry for him, because I don't, it's his family who I feel sorry for).

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
I'm having a really hard time with this. I f***ing detest drunk drivers with a passion. When I was younger, I had many nights where I thought - sure I could drive, but always decided not to. I usually walked or asked for a ride. I was always welcome to leave my car wherever I was. I just cannot grasp the sheer stupidity and selfishness it takes to decide it's okay to drive drunk. This isn't a new thing, it's constantly out there not to do it.. yet people continue to decide they are above others and common effing sense to do so .Do we really need to install fking breath starts on vehicles because idiots like this continue to kill innocent fking people? I'm so angry. All day I can't stop thinking about how it must feel for the family. There was no reason this needed to happen. Just fking pointless
I've thought the same thing. But if it would stop this type of thing from ever happening again, then I would be all for it.

Reactions: 1specter

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Definitely not if he wasn't drinking and it was an accident. However, if he was drinking when this happened, then in my mind, it was murder.

Murder is just a word, the definition varies.

Manslaughter, Involuntary manslaughter is when a killing is unintentional and the result of recklessness or criminal negligence, such as an unlawful misdemeanor act or low-level felony such as a DUI.

It is the punishment that should be the discussion.
Hardly a discussion where a consensus is easy.
Sounds like road rage under the influence.

Just too stupid, and we know it will continue to happen.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
-_-

20240829_113650~3.jpg

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Went to his memorial at nationwide. Small community but even at night there were people walking up and taking the time to just feel the gravity of the situation and come to terms with what happened.

Pretty sad.

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
Murder is just a word, the definition varies.

Manslaughter, Involuntary manslaughter is when a killing is unintentional and the result of recklessness or criminal negligence, such as an unlawful misdemeanor act or low-level felony such as a DUI.

It is the punishment that should be the discussion.
Hardly a discussion where a consensus is easy.
Sounds like road rage under the influence.

Just too stupid, and we know it will continue to happen.
Unfortunately that is the case, but to me, drinking and then driving should be treated the same as a person taking a gun and purposely killing someone with it.

Sad but true!

horner

May 22, 2007
I hope his sister had a good day at her wedding. Please be well

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
I hope his sister had a good day at her wedding. Please be well
Cancelled, I mean you can’t go ahead with it. That poor girl is going to blame herself for the rest of time for scheduling a wedding. The layers of.. I don’t even know.. lives f***ed by this is unthinkable. And I suppose it it the same a couple thousand times a day across the world with not famous people right?

I was driving around today through the city and it was on my mind still. Extra careful, maybe it’ll stick. I mean it costs me a minute or two to chill out driving around.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
That's insane. RIP Johnny

On a flip side, how drunk do you have to be to kill two cyclists at once? We are not talking about fragile 90year old cyclists dying from falling down.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Unfortunately that is the case, but to me, drinking and then driving should be treated the same as a person taking a gun and purposely killing someone with it.

Sad but true!

Somehow when you are playing roulette with everyone else's lives they don't like to call it murder.

We have two people executed by car, but we are calling it an accident.
I choose to use the legal definitions.

Cool, Even better would be to follow the law and drive sober.

Reactions: Captain Crunch

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Somehow when you are playing roulette with everyone else's lives they don't like to call it murder.

We have two people executed by car, but we are calling it an accident.

Cool, Even better would be to follow the law and drive sober.
Sure. But since we’re talking about someone that allegedly broke that the law I prefer use the legal terms.

We see the evil media accuse people and misuse legal terms all the time. Don’t be like the media.

horner

May 22, 2007
Cancelled, I mean you can’t go ahead with it. That poor girl is going to blame herself for the rest of time for scheduling a wedding. The layers of.. I don’t even know.. lives f***ed by this is unthinkable. And I suppose it it the same a couple thousand times a day across the world with not famous people right?

I was driving around today through the city and it was on my mind still. Extra careful, maybe it’ll stick. I mean it costs me a minute or two to chill out driving around.
That sucks but understandable , I agree she will feel guilty for a while . One thing is they have a really close family to hug each other.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Rural road where brothers died has heavy, fast traffic​

The Gaudreaus were killed along Salem County Route 551, locally known as "Pennsville-Auburn Road" — a quick, straight shot for many drivers to go where they want to be.

The road technically has shoulders, but like a lot of similar country roads, they are so narrow that a pedestrian or biker would be dangerously close to traffic.

The speed limit on the two-lane road is 50 mph. Drivers, as a rule, hit that mark and often pass it.

The double-fatal accident Aug. 29 took place near an intersection with Stumpy Road — also just two lanes and not much by way of shoulders.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
The fact that Johnny's wife revealed today that she is also pregnant with their third and recently shared it with him just makes this even more heartbreaking.
Life is so cruel sometimes it's not even funny

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The speed limit on the two-lane road is 50 mph. Drivers, as a rule, hit that mark and often pass it.
Ultra dangerous.

The fact that Johnny's wife revealed today that she is also pregnant with their third and recently shared it with him just makes this even more heartbreaking.
I wouldn’t have the guts to call the baby Johnny.

Praying for a girl.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
MSN

....... had a blood-alcohol level of .087, above the .08 legal limit in New Jersey, a prosecutor said Friday.

Higgins told police he had five or six beers that day and admitted to consuming alcohol while driving, according to the criminal complaint. He also failed a field sobriety test, the complaint said. A prosecutor on Friday said he had been drinking at home after finishing a work call at about 3 p.m., and having an upsetting conversation with a family member.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad