OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
At least it's not a season-ender (apparently). Wonder if they look for an option in cutdowns.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
At least it's not a season-ender (apparently). Wonder if they look for an option in cutdowns.
Probably bring in some guys for the ps. There’s a handful of o line who played under smith that where cut but
Moore McCormick Frazier Daniels Fantanu will start in Atlanta. Jones will be the swing OT and Anderson will be the 7th active o lineman on game day

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The thing that infuriates me with this AIYUK nonsense is that if we just held onto Johnson we wouldn't have had to hear about this stuff for 7 MONTHS!

Khans biggest and only mistake this offseason. And what a glaring one it is.

TRADING Johnson was an epic mistake and still 7 months later this team is dealing with this drama and ultimately handicapping itself by not remedying the problem. Absolutely pathetic!

Khan let the 9iners piss away day after day with this shit.

You NEVER cede power to anyone else, it's a bad idea and this team has been held hostage all offseason as a result! Absolutely avoidable, he got too cute! And it AINT NOT cute anymore!

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
f41d9486f5d01fb744c061bfaacf2c6c.gif

Reactions: bigdaddyk88

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Maybe I'm just reading in but the fact the Steelers have done NOTHING at WR after cutdowns suggests some level of confidence they are getting Aiyuk (or another bigger name). Otherwise to not be in on Patrick or Brown or Toney or the rest of these guys is nonsensical.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Maybe I'm just reading in but the fact the Steelers have done NOTHING at WR after cutdowns suggests some level of confidence they are getting Aiyuk (or another bigger name). Otherwise to not be in on Patrick or Brown or Toney or the rest of these guys is nonsensical.
Especially since Pattrick signed to a practice squad.
Brown signed to a 53

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

Perhaps I'm reading too much into the situation but the way he talks about Trent Williams vs Aiyuk seems notable. Wouldn't even characterize the conversations with his agent as "good" when asked by a reporter.

You know what I derived from all this? Khan took us to ''crazytown''! We should kept Johnson and avoided this circus!

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Perhaps I'm reading too much into the situation but the way he talks about Trent Williams vs Aiyuk seems notable. Wouldn't even characterize the conversations with his agent as "good" when asked by a reporter.

Because they have not really changed their contract offer to Brandon for 2 weeks. Brandon wants guaranteed money in year 4 so that fake contract with a big year 4 hit to make the aav close to 28 actually hits and he gets paid.
Williams they know already has guaranteed money for 25 but nothing for the following 2 seasons.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
At what point does SF realize that he's not going to take their offer and just move on? Good lord, this is annoying to deal with.
Mental illness is a real thing. Living in denial is also a real thing. The Steelers have subjected this fan base to this nonsense by letting the hopelessly clueless and manically inane 9iners steer this ship. When you let a group of insane and morally corrupt individuals have control over anything, this is what happens.

#dumpsterfire

#Heldhostagebythederanged

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Mental illness is a real thing. Living in denial is also a real thing. The Steelers have subjected this fan base to this nonsense by letting the hopelessly clueless and manically inane 9iners steer this ship. When you let a group of insane and morally corrupt individuals have control over anything, this is what happens.

#dumpsterfire

#Heldhostagebythederanged
Not really it’s no different than putting a bid on a house and then 6 months later they take your offer.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Not really it’s no different than putting a bid on a house and then 6 months later they take your offer.
That's not what's happening though. This is more akin to a killer whale playing with a helpless seal! And the Steelers are the seal. We were railroaded and never had a plan B. Should have kept Johnson and only moved him when we had a capable replacement in the fold.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
That's not what's happening though. This is more akin to a killer whale playing with a helpless seal! And the Steelers are the seal. We were railroaded and never had a plan B. Should have kept Johnson and only moved him when we had a capable replacement in the fold.
We traded Johnson because we want volunteers he didn’t want to be here because we were not extending him so he asked out. He doesn’t fit what Smith wants to do either

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We traded Johnson because we want volunteers he didn’t want to be here because we were not extending him so he asked out. He doesn’t fit what Smith wants to do either
What we want isn't as important as to what we need. And we NEED a capable option beyond Pickens. You're being idealistic I'm being pragmatic. You're trying to run before you can even walk. Johnson would far and away be our NO2 WR. That's decidedly better than what we're saddled with currently.

Again, not ideal, but pretty good over the alternative. Should have kept him or found another viable option!

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Mental illness is a real thing. Living in denial is also a real thing. The Steelers have subjected this fan base to this nonsense.

But I also think Khan and company are being held hostage by the Rooney/Tomlin puppet show. There is no way , I believe if Khan is as good as they say, that he would never have signed an over the hill QB and a project QB that is destined to fail again (soon).

I also think Rooney Tunes has dementia. I had suspected that after he went to visit AB and let AB clown him in the media the way that went down a few years back. But also because he says the same thing every year at the end of the year. He's a walking tape recorder.

Also, How much you want to bet every year, in his head, Tomlin is going into his 3rd year?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
But I also think Khan and company are being held hostage by the Rooney/Tomlin puppet show. There is no way , I believe if Khan is as good as they say, that he would never have signed an over the hill QB and a project QB that is destined to fail again (soon).

I also think Rooney Tunes has dementia. I had suspected that after he went to visit AB and let AB clown him in the media the way that went down a few years back.

Also, How much you want to bet every year, in his head, Tomlin is going into his 3rd year?
There's certainly a lot of questions to be answered here. As we stand now, things are looking bleak. There's judgments the FO is making that seem very curious to me.

Trading Johnson DID NOT have to happen. And as a result we created a massive hole that wasn't necessary to create. Until you have another player here as a replacement you don't burn that bridge when there's no plan B to offset it.

To me that's common sense, but to the Steelers front office who knows what they're trying exactly to convince themselves they're doing.

Reactions: Night Shift

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

I also think Rooney Tunes has dementia. I had suspected that after he went to visit AB and let AB clown him in the media the way that went down a few years back. But also because he says the same thing every year at the end of the year. He's a walking tape recorder.

Your saying khan didn’t want a Super Bowl winning qb making league minimum or a former top 12 draft pick at Qb whose already shown he he can be an electric running threat for a 6th round pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad