OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Sneaking up onto training camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
People are missing the issue with Pickens. He has elite ball skills, is good with the run after the catch, but he is far from elite at getting open and very few true #1 WR have the separation skills he has (or doesn't have).

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Gp is like DHop and Higgins I think him playing more out of the slot like Saint Brown and Lamb will help him.
I am hoping we see some cheat motion like the Rams and Dolphins

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I am hoping we see some cheat motion like the Rams and Dolphins

I don't think Smith's offense is at the "sophistication level" (unsure what word to use) compared to the Rams/Dolphins/Chiefs/Lions.

They are in Advanced Placement Calculus. Art Smith is more 9th grade Algebra.
Matt Canada is too busy eating the glue sticks to care what page the rest of the class is on.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Murkier in terms of judging him, or murkier in terms of who gets the day one job?

Yes to both. Not that you can truly judge Wilson after 5 preseason series, but you definitely can’t judge a guy pretty reliant on mobility if he lacks that mobility because of injury.

For week one, I’m not sure it’s smart to trim the playbook and roll out a less than 100% Wilson if that’s still the case at that time.

Reactions: Peat

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Yes to both. Not that you can truly judge Wilson after 5 preseason series, but you definitely can’t judge a guy pretty reliant on mobility if he lacks that mobility because of injury.

For week one, I’m not sure it’s smart to trim the playbook and roll out a less than 100% Wilson if that’s still the case at that time.
Letting Russ go out there and get sacked 3 times if he was not 100% seems so stupid. Like you said, he's a guy that relies on his mobility to protect himself.

The team obviously didn't let Alex Highsmith play because he's been dealing with an injury, but it's OK for the presumptive starting QB?

Reactions: JTG

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Good lord Aiyuk just needs to sign already.

He is hoping the 49ers cave and give him the 4th year more guarantee he doesn’t want that year to inflate his contract with money he will not see. They caved to Debo and Bosa and will pay whatever Williams wants

Letting Russ go out there and get sacked 3 times if he was not 100% seems so stupid. Like you said, he's a guy that relies on his mobility to protect himself.

The team obviously didn't let Alex Highsmith play because he's been dealing with an injury, but it's OK for the presumptive starting QB?
They let Jones play because he said he was healthy even after practicing ikna arm brace

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
“healthy as he can be” lmao f***

it’s certainly possible theyre trash at evaluating players- but the fact is every single starting OL brought in over past 2 off seasons has been a high pick or solid vet… idk about Meyer man.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

it’s certainly possible theyre trash at evaluating players- but the fact is every single starting OL brought in over past 2 off seasons has been a high pick or solid vet… idk about Meyer man.
Depends on Troy and Fraizer if they hit does that make meyer look good. If Anderson keeps developing and Cook Mccmormick look like guys who can play next year

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I don't know that I believe Jones. Guy has a bit of a black knight energy re all the stuff that happens with him.

Jones' quotes make it sound like maybe his mind ain't in the right place right now.

There's not a whole lot of reason to believe Meyer is good at his job other than the Steelers think he is right now. And the Steelers' recent history means you can't really trust them either.

While we're sharing reassuring quotes from Steelers personnel

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I would be tremendously careful trading draft picks at this point. We don't want another Herbert situation happening, even though this QB crop doesn't appear to have any can't miss guys at QB.

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019
People are missing the issue with Pickens. He has elite ball skills, is good with the run after the catch, but he is far from elite at getting open and very few true #1 WR have the separation skills he has (or doesn't have).

That graph makes my head hurt.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Much respect to Flores, who admits he's fallen short in some areas. Wish our current HC admitted any of his faults.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Much respect to Flores, who admits he's fallen short in some areas. Wish our current HC admitted any of his faults.

Flores is a douchebag. I don’t know why anyone would side with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad