OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh no! They are 3 and 1. Panic!

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It is so frustrating that the Steelers offense for years have been terrible except for when they run a 2 minute drill and actually pass on early downs and the offense goes from terrible to acceptable.

Reactions: Peat

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
No 3rd down conversions is an issue but it helps when you score off turnovers

1729475838784.png

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
I dont know how people can watch this game and think Fields would be better.

Wilson is a bit rusty but he has made more impactful passes in that half than fields has all year and Kenny made his whole career.
What are you smoking dude? Wilson had 3 underthrown deep passes that Pickens/the refs bailed him out on. And a 3 yard crosser to Friermuth that went for 30. His TD to Pickens was nice but that's the only good play he's made.

Reactions: Shaftception

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
They act like Fields couldn't throw either, Smith choosing the run to set up a pass bs wasn't on him. Wilson being fine is great but it wasn't like Fields was awful.

The narrative the team on air keep spinning with their subtle jabs is f***ing lame.

I've been super critical of Khan not bringing in a WR to replace Johnson but I'll definitely not complain about adding Jackson. He's a great CB2 for this team, really like him as a piece for the next couple of years.
Mike Williams is basically a Steeler after this game ends.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
I dont know how people can watch this game and think Fields would be better.

Wilson is a bit rusty but he has made more impactful passes in that half than fields has all year and Kenny made his whole career.
His impactful plays are underthrown deep balls that Pickens has made exceptional catches/drawn penalty on.

Fields needs to learn how to put more touch/air under his deep balls that's for sure something he couuld learn from Russ, but Russ has also missed clear running lanes Fields would've ran for double digit yards on in multiple situations tonight.

I'm not sold either way yet, though I'd prefer regardless who is the qb that they continue to take shots downfield.

Honour Over Glory

Blomqvist for Vezina + ROTY
Jan 30, 2012
The 49ers are thinking Aiyuk has a torn ACL according to the halftime report. After all of that Aiyuk watch nonsense I can't say I'm sad that they're 3-4 with Aiyuk now being out :laugh:
For the bullshit we fans were put through for that drama, I guess karma. But still sucks to see anyone injured like that. Karma is a fickle bitch though.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Wilson hasn't been amazing but he's accounted for a few chunk plays - average I guess?

Yeah I think average is fair. Looked like complete shit early on, but made a couple nice throws.

Definitely not good enough to quell any QB controversy but not bad enough to make Tomlin look like a total dunce. Although he was flirting with it early on.

Reactions: WickedWrister

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
What are you smoking dude? Wilson had 3 underthrown deep passes that Pickens/the refs bailed him out on. And a 3 yard crosser to Friermuth that went for 30. His TD to Pickens was nice but that's the only good play he's made.
All 3 of the passes to the TE’s were well executed by Wilson, but he was a little fortunate on how far they all went for. The deep passes were all of the heave ‘n pray variety - which I’m fine with - but they certainly were generous to give him that many deep pass calls. Seemed like a panic move by Tomlin after most things weren’t working.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
All 3 of the passes to the TE’s were well executed by Wilson, but he was a little fortunate on how far they all went for. The deep passes were all of the heave ‘n pray variety - which I’m fine with - but they certainly were generous to give him that many deep pass calls. Seemed like a panic move by Tomlin after most things weren’t working.
Yeah the passes to the TEs he did his job but they're something any NFL QB should be able to execute consistently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad