OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh no! They are 3 and 1. Panic!

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Ya they are underthrown but he sees the field and is taking chances. Fields wasnt seeing it.

Pickens is making great catches because he is getting chances and is being targeted. I dont know if its calls or Fields just not seeing the open plays or whatever.

Point is they look more dangerous than they have even if it is a little clumsy right now

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
If our offense is just gonna be chuck it deep to Pickens over and over and hope for circus catches and PI, but stall in the redzone, let Russ cook (underthrow moonballs that somehow work) between the 20s then bring in Fields for the added run threat.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Wilson has been pretty meh overall (some really nice plays and some really bad misses), but this offensive strategy and lack of WR talent is making it even worse. Their WRs can't get any separation so their passing game is "chuck it up for Pickens and hope he comes down with it".

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Trash play calling. Wilson has no arm strength and is lobbing balls that won't be caught like this in the games to come. Can't convert on the red zone and have a QB who can't run.

So nothing really changed except we don't have a QB capable of extending drives and scoring TDs with his legs.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
Did Tomlin stick a rabbit's foot up his ass tonight or what? Practically every bounce has gone their way, including another blocked kick that should've counted.

Outside of the refs they've had 5 or 6 ludicrously lucky plays this game.

Reactions: The Old Master

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I was vocal about Wilson starting horribly but I think he has really settled in well. This team really needs some WR help for him (assuming the OL won't be fixed) but he has definitely been better after a horrid start.

Wilson looks like a guy who would be very fine on a team with actual talent around him. The issue is that isn't the Steelers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad