OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh no! They are 3 and 1. Panic!

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Sirianni definitely seems a weird dude who's on his way out, but I'd still take his last four years over Tomlin's. His lows may be lower, but his high has been real high.
This is a very contrarian opinion. He had one good year where he was carried by coordinators who both got HC jobs after the 2022 season. Since then, they’ve had one of the biggest regular season collapses in recent memory and he has seemingly lost the locker room.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
This is a very contrarian opinion. He had one good year where he was carried by coordinators who both got HC jobs after the 2022 season. Since then, they’ve had one of the biggest regular season collapses in recent memory and he has seemingly lost the locker room.
Yeah Sirianni is circling the drain. Steichen was clearly the brains behind that offense.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Lazy excuses. Khan was played by Aiyuk, and it is clear there was no plan B. Sorry, but that’s inexcusable.

He pulled a Ray Shero. Khan had continued the tradition of pissing away early picks like fatso Colbert to boot.
He wasn't played by anyone. He made a bid for a guy and didn't get him. Big deal. And trading a high pick for help for this team that isn't an actual contender and won't be regardless of any WR they might acquire is pissing away an early pick.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Also, today is the perfect microcosm of why TJ Watt is the most impactful defensive player in the sport even if he doesn't win his rep the most often. No one makes more impact plays and it's not really close.

He's the best player in the league. My hope is that he finally wins a couple DPOYs now that Donald is gone. His performance on Sunday was legendary.

I'm actually questioning Meyer a tad less this year.

Frazier came into camp a bit overmatched and went into the NFL like a beast. Even if we want to call that just a natural progression for a very strong, very experienced college player, it shows that Meyer's teachings aren't necessarily an obstacle.

Looking beyond Frazier - Moore is continuing a slow steady ascent. McCormick and Anderson have been okay considering pedigree and experience. There's definitely moments when the OL as a whole just looks completely all at sea but that's going to happen when the unit is changing every game.

Really, Jones is the only guy who just appears completely all at sea. And if it's just one guy, I don't blame the coach.

I need to see more, but it helps that instead of drafting Kendrick Green's, they have been drafting super talented players. I don't think Meyer is good...and I don't think he's bad. He's a perfect Pittsburgh Steeler.

Btw, speaking of snap counts, here's the snap distribution for the skill players vs the Raiders...

Muth 87%
Washington 73%
Pickens 67%
Jefferson 64%
Harris 46%
Warren 37%
Heyward 36%
Austin 36%

The rest

Kind of curious how that worked out looking at sets. But definitely a big angry night, and one that raises questions about WR2 use in the future. Also, interesting to note Najee's number. Maybe part of his performance.

This is why I didn't get bent out of shape about trading a WR who didn't want to be here for a pick and a starting corner. It was always going to be like this and imagine this offense where PIckens would lose more touches.

Sit him through the bye week and make sure he's 100%. No way am I rushing Frazier back, regardless of how bad the line is. That kid is a perennial AP C.

Odds are its a high ankle sprain if there is nothing structurally wrong, and it won't be right for the rest of the season.

Watt is just one guy, there are other teams out there with good players too.

Calling Watt merely a good player is disingenuous.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Adams to the Jets for a 3rd that can become a 2nd. Not overly mad at Khan for not doing that because Adams likely forced his way to the Jets.

Wonder if this could open up a trade opportunity with Williams on the Jets. He’s not being utilized by the Jets and their WR room is suddenly very crowded. He’s for sure be an upgrade on Van Jefferson.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
It's actually pretty funny to see people getting up in arms over the WR depth being a problem on a team that simply throws the ball less than anyone else.

Not only that, but the mountain of shit Khan took for getting a better player (Jackson) for Johnson seems even more comical to me. Jackson is making a bigger impact than DJ had for a long time or would have this year.

I agree we need better WR's, but the idea it is the key to us exploding on offense is absurd. Mike Tomlin and Arthur Smith aren't going to get WR's the targets needed to keep them happy.

Just the facts.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I'm not too upset about missing out on Adams for that price, although I still haven't seen what the conditions are that turns that 3rd into a 2nd. Playing time I assume?

2nd round is the sweet spot in the draft for non premium positions like RB and C. Can find best in class talent at that spot in the draft. That's worth more than a 9-10 game rental to me.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not too upset about missing out on Adams for that price, although I still haven't seen what the conditions are that turns that 3rd into a 2nd. Playing time I assume?

2nd round is the sweet spot in the draft for non premium positions like RB and C. Can find best in class talent at that spot in the draft. That's worth more than a 9-10 game rental to me.
Also, what’s going to happen to the outlandish money Adams is owed his next two seasons…not worth the price if the trade doesn’t come with some renegotiation…

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Adams to the Jets for a 3rd that can become a 2nd. Not overly mad at Khan for not doing that because Adams likely forced his way to the Jets.

Wonder if this could open up a trade opportunity with Williams on the Jets. He’s not being utilized by the Jets and their WR room is suddenly very crowded. He’s for sure be an upgrade on Van Jefferson.

Exactly was my thought: Jets WR room just got crowded. We should take advantage of that.
4th or 5th rounder for Williams?

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Maybe they’d throw more if they had more than a wacko #1 receiver and a bunch of special teams scrubs.

But let’s keep making excuses for Khan’s negligence.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

Not sure why the Jets think they can compete. Washed QB and mess of a coaching staff.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Not sure why the Jets think they can compete. Washed QB and mess of a coaching staff.

The GM is gone after this year if they don’t make the playoffs so might as well at least try. If it doesn’t work out, it’ll be someone else’s problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad