OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh no! They are 3 and 1. Panic!

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Even if one assumes the Bengals are still a threat to make the playoffs, something that is probably true, we are really down to no more than 9 actual candidates for 7 playoff spots in the AFC:

KC
LAC
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Cinci
Hou
Indy
Buffalo
NYJ

10 wins is almost certain to make the playoffs this year and 9 wouldn't shock me.

And by the way, the Falcons team everyone thought was shit would be the #2 seed in the NFC right now.

Reactions: Arkadiusz

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It is really inexcusable that Khan is being as patient as he's being with the WR group. Even taking out my issues with Pickens, there is just simply no one to throw to outside of Muth on short passes and Austin here and there. Especially if they end up going back to Wilson, they really need to bring in more WR help to give their QBs more options.

Wilson doesn't have the escapability that Fields has, so he needs WRs to be getting open or he'll just get slaughtered behind this OL. Their receivers are just not doing a good job at doing that.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Reports say they talked with Vegas about Adams on Saturday it’s pretty clear that the raiders aren’t happy about the offers.
Not sure if Cincy Cleveland Jacksonville or Tennessee are ready to sell

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It is really inexcusable that Khan is being as patient as he's being with the WR group. Even taking out my issues with Pickens, there is just simply no one to throw to outside of Muth on short passes and Austin here and there. Especially if they end up going back to Wilson, they really need to bring in more WR help to give their QBs more options.

Wilson doesn't have the escapability that Fields has, so he needs WRs to be getting open or he'll just get slaughtered behind this OL. Their receivers are just not doing a good job at doing that.

Part devil's advocate and part serious, but he's 4-2 with all his assets and cap space free to have a shot at getting his ideal group. It's bloody annoying to watch and it'd be nice to get the guy in to start integrating them right now, but he's getting away with it and it could end up great.

Incidentally - and I know pointing this out is not helping - but I kind of hope Pickens' game goes under the radar. Yeah dropping all those passes is pretty awful, but I feel like that's a confidence thing after getting torn apart and if we're stuck with him for a bit, he has got to rediscover that mojo. He needs to not be the story this week.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Worst game from Fields in terms of accuracy but rushing TD's are worth a lot of EPA

1728868785982.png

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
The running game can take a bow for sure. I think Smith opened up the whole game plan a bit and it paid dividends. It's probably the most efficient I've seen the Steelers' offence be in a long time.

And obviously big congratulations to the defence and special teams are so many big plays, even if you know the other side is furious with themselves for letting it happen.

I mean, plenty of good plays.

Just the Raiders did absolutely everything possible to lose that game and at times it looked like the Steelers were going to play along.
With how many games the Steelers have pissed away to the Raiders over the last 20+ years I’d be happy if they had won 3-0. Instead,
- scored 30+ points,
- massive defensive and special teams splash plays,
- Najee & JF destroyed them in the ground game,
- no turnovers, and
- some passes were completed.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
Also, today is the perfect microcosm of why TJ Watt is the most impactful defensive player in the sport even if he doesn't win his rep the most often. No one makes more impact plays and it's not really close.

Reactions: Son Goku

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad