OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Oh no! They are 3 and 1. Panic!

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
What does that have to do with anything?

Justin Fields tucking the ball so much is a bad thing. It's a terrible way to football.

Tomlin is bad, and the Steelers two QB's kind of suck.
It's like Pirate fans crying about Shelton when Nutting is the owner.

Get to the root of the problem or you're just changing deck chairs on the titanic.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
This just isn’t a well coached team. And the two positions they just completely failed to address in the offseason (WR and slot corner) are coming back to bite them in the ass in a big way.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Truthfully, the ownership by each team in the city is underwhelming.

We have to be the most risk averse group in the country.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
How long will dumbass Khan fail at finding more than one NFL receiver?
Actually I'm hoping they don't do what desperate teams do to save face.... OVERSPEND. See Carolina, Bears, Browns.

Their goal isn't winning a championship... they want to make the playoffs, win an ugly game and declare success. Everyone gets to keep feed at the trough............KEEPING THE SCAM ALIVE for one more year.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I don’t know why I am so angry when HCMT incompetence has been on display for at least a decade, but I’m still pissed at this loss and even more annoyed when friends and then national media keep telling me that Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the NFL

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
What does that have to do with anything?

Justin Fields tucking the ball so much is a bad thing. It's a terrible way to football.

Tomlin is bad, and the Steelers two QB's kind of suck.
You think the offense would be better without the rushing component he brings? Do you want more Van Jeff targets?

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
The takeaway is that if Watt doesn't wreck the game, the defense sucks. The pass defense is shambolic for the umpteenth straight year
Investing so much money in the defense is again so out of date it's mind-boggling.

What did Minkah's contract contribute in this game? How bout Queen the "big" off-season acquisition? Hell even Watt's? At least he's at a position that actually matters (i.e. anything involved with the passing game, either for or against), but even with his 1.5 sacks tonight, the Cowboys still put up over 400 yards of offense.

Great defense doesn't matter in the modern game if it comes at the cost of a mediocre offense.

And if you can't trade/purchase a better offense and claim you have to accept putting your money into the defense is your only option because of how your team is built, then that's a big red blinking sign you need to rebuild. It sure as hell doesn't mean go half a decade and counting meandering as the ghost of a Jeff Fisher football team going 9-8 every year.

metalan2

May 30, 2008
Don't even know where to begin.

It was obvious as soon as Friermith scored this was going to be the exact outcome. We all knew Dallas would have a 7 minute drive and score with zero time on the clock.

This is Tomlin ball.

Offense scheme is laughable. Running backs are horrible, we have no wide receivers. Fields is decent.

The secondary is atrocious.

Minkah Fitzpatrick has been useless since 2022. Does nothing, zero.

Our coaches are utter imbeciles. Tomlin is the worst coach in the NFL. Even worse than the worst since with him the Steelers are in purgatory.

The Steelers are the Pirates.

Coastal Kev

Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I don’t know why I am so angry when HCMT incompetence has been on display for at least a decade, but I’m still pissed at this loss and even more annoyed when friends and then national media keep telling me that Tomlin is one of the best coaches in the NFL
The guy was rewarded with a guaranteed contract and a raise for giving the city 13 years of the slopfest that you watched tonight.

I don't begrudge anyone cashing in when it's deserved, but man oh man. The Pittsburgh sports scene is littered with trash making millions. sickening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad