OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Dont panic, they are 2-0!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Milroe is gonna mess around and find himself in the 1st round conversation. Huge improvements as a passer this year.

And Beck is playing him out of the first round. I really hope Fields works out because this seems like a bad year to need a QB imo.

Reactions: T1K

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Bro those 2 catches are INSANE. Literally got me out of my seat. That kid is going to the NFL and going to be unreal

He could be playing in the NFL right now as a freshman. I don’t remember a freshman having this big of an impact on offense since Orlando Pace and I was just knee high to a grasshopper then.

Reactions: ColePens

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Yeah based on the idea that Tomlin loves a Fields style QB, I thought Milroe made a ton of sense for the Steelers to look at drafting next year. Would be terrific if Fields can end up that guy, but if he ends up not working out, I definitely think Milroe could be the kind of guy the Steelers would look at drafting.
I wasn’t even really suggesting the Steelers draft him, it was just an observation from watching the game. I didn’t really think he had NFL starter potential last year, but he’s proving me wrong and he looks to have a very high ceiling. He’s outplayed Beck tonight by a lot. I see smart people on my timeline suggesting he’s playing his way into the top 10. Jayden Daniels had a similar meteoric rise up the mock drafts, but his was later in the season.

And Beck is playing him out of the first round. I really hope Fields works out because this seems like a bad year to need a QB imo.
Ward and Milroe are very intriguing to me, but I doubt either would even be available for us to draft without trading up.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Crazy ending. Beck is no longer a 1st rounder. No shot.

He is 32 hamstring injuries happen and he is on the books for 100 million almost next 2 years without guaranteed money

Adams is a professional. He’s not gonna be disgruntled in the media.

If you believe he’s playing for the Raiders beyond this season then I don’t know what to tell you, that would be a very contrarian opinion.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I'll still set the O/U at 4.5 QB's in the 1st this year. Beck, Milroe, Ward, Sanders and maybe one other guy (Ewers if Texas goes on a run when he gets healthy?).

Demand could dictate this as much as supply, we'll see but I could project that many teams needing QB this year. Still super early.

Travis Hunter should win the Heisman and I'd pay whatever it takes to trade up and get him if I were the GM.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I'll still set the O/U at 4.5 QB's in the 1st this year. Beck, Milroe, Ward, Sanders and maybe one other guy (Ewers if Texas goes on a run when he gets healthy?).

Demand could dictate this as much as supply, we'll see but I could project that many teams needing QB this year. Still super early.

Travis Hunter should win the Heisman and I'd pay whatever it takes to trade up and get him if I were the GM.
I believe Ward and Sanders are for sure locks. Milroe probably sealed it for himself today, barring some type of collapse/injury. Personally I would take Ewers over Beck, he’s far more refined and was actually having a really good season prior to getting hurt. I could see Beck being a late 1st if a desperate team wanted to draft a QB, but I just haven’t seen it with him this year. He looked pretty bad against Kentucky too.

Reactions: WickedWrister

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Almost every year position needs bump QB up. So give me the over
I agree with Sherman Hunter is a great Cb in the nfl but not a wr

I believe Ward and Sanders are for sure locks. Milroe probably sealed it for himself today, barring some type of collapse/injury. Personally I would take Ewers over Beck, he’s far more refined and was actually having a really good season prior to getting hurt. I could see Beck being a late 1st if a desperate team wanted to draft a QB, but I just haven’t seen it with him this year. He looked pretty bad against Kentucky too.
Speaking of Kentucky I would have had Dart from ol miss as a sure 1st. Beck is a 1st rounder thanks to purdy success

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Almost every year position needs bump QB up. So give me the over
I agree with Sherman Hunter is a great Cb in the nfl but not a wr

Speaking of Kentucky I would have had Dart from ol miss as a sure 1st. Beck is a 1st rounder thanks to purdy success
Dart is a good one too. I’m not sure if his game will translate to the NFL but he’s fun in college.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

Adams is a professional. He’s not gonna be disgruntled in the media.

If you believe he’s playing for the Raiders beyond this season then I don’t know what to tell you, that would be a very contrarian opinion.
They would be lucky to get a 4th in trade

Peat

Jun 14, 2016

I'm just trying to think what demand looks like.

Jets might be interested if Rogers is done
Dolphins ditto if Tua is done - I wouldn't assume either though
Browns... I'm sure they'd love to jettison Watson and try again but I'm not sure they can
Raider hurr doi
I think the Giants can escape Jones, right? In which case hurr doi
Panthers... definitely maybe
Seahawks, maybe. Smith ain't forever.
Rams, maybe. Stafford ain't forever.

Am I missing any? I feel like it's pretty unclear how many teams are going to be jonesing for 1st round QBs.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I'm just trying to think what demand looks like.

Jets might be interested if Rogers is done
Dolphins ditto if Tua is done - I wouldn't assume either though
Browns... I'm sure they'd love to jettison Watson and try again but I'm not sure they can
Raider hurr doi
I think the Giants can escape Jones, right? In which case hurr doi
Panthers... definitely maybe
Seahawks, maybe. Smith ain't forever.
Rams, maybe. Stafford ain't forever.

Am I missing any? I feel like it's pretty unclear how many teams are going to be jonesing for 1st round QBs.
Titans are 0-3 and Levis aint it. Potentially the Steelers as well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad