OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Dont panic, they are 2-0!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
He's struggling with a hamstring and all. Brace yourself for a lot of Paterson.
giphy.gif

Let's hope he means by spending as much time on the sidelines.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I wonder if some of the run blocking is on the OL coach at a certain point.

Obviously we are an easy team to stack the box and expect heavy dose of run plays, but at some point, it’s been a lot of the same issues under Meyer.

Also how about me praising Anderson after the first game and him shitting the bed the next two contests? :laugh:

I think Meyer sucks, to put it very nicely. That needs to be a positional upgrade and some new messages need to come in. This coaching staff hasn't produced a lineman in a really long time. This staff hasn't produced much of anything in a really long time. It seems to be on the change under Khan. Letting Colbert one year contract after one year contract was a horrible idea.

This is a classic @Peat post lol. One sentence acknowledging the positive, followed by four paragraphs explaining why we should pump the brakes. You're not wrong, you just have a very pragmatic and sobering view of things.

There's no question the defense has led the way and will continue to be the primary reason we win or lose games this year. That's just how this team is currently constructed.

What does inspire a little bit of hope in Fields right now is that this felt like the first game he was asked to do more than just not lose the game, and he responded well. But in terms of statistical improvements, the short + intermediate accuracy and sack prevention are drastically better through 3 games.

I think Fields is understanding how to play a true demoralizing brand of football. Him having the ball in his hands 3rd and short is a defense's worst nightmare. He doesn't have to do much to be successful. It just seems like he has succumbed to being a really efficient QB instead of trying to be a hero every single play. I love how he's playing and I think it suits the style here.

If Najee and Warren can get the running game moving the chains consistently this offense should really be efficient and keep this defense fresh, which could see us be really successful.

Herbig needs more playing time

Herbig is more efficient and productive than Highsmith. The gap is widening. He kind of blew the doors off last game and IMO put himself step for step with Highsmith. Highsmith slid off of 3 sacks. Herbig got 2. It wasn't close.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
How are you categorizing the Colts next week? Bad or middle class?

I lean middle class as they were competitive with Houston and Green Bay, and beat a bad Chicago team. Plus it's on the road and Indy has actual fans so it will be a hostile environment unlike Atlanta.

Colts feel middle class.

Right now I feel like the only trap bad game the Steelers could have right now is the Panthers. That's the only team that's bad enough out of the gate that it feels like they'd have inexplicable loss written all over them, and happily that won't be happening.

Actually thinking about it, there mightn't be a single classic Tomlin trap game this season.

Mr Jeff Jimerson

May 9, 2013
Joe Burrow's not the same ever since he dyed his hair blonde. The guy's a complete joke now. Maybe Steelers can trade Russ to Cincy for Tee Higgins.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think Burrow is a bit overrated but the rest of the team around him is downright trash. I don't know how you can luck into a firmly top-10 QB and go 0-3 against the awful competition the Bengals have had.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Yeah Burrow has been great tonight, they're just getting absolutely dissected on defense. I don't want to be too hyperbolic but this is one of the best single game performances I've ever seen from a rookie QB.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I actually really like Burrow but you can’t go with the slim shady haircut and then go 0-3.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Steelers are going to end up winning the division based solely on the rest of the teams in their division being trash. It's honestly amazing.

Reactions: T1K

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad