OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
So many good things to call out, but difference tonight was we stretched the field more and converted in red zone. We gotta figure something out with Dee. Particularly the secondary. And that may be bring a lot more pressure so they don’t have to cover so long.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Really on the fence as to whether Whitt should be on the hot seat or is the talent so bad that not even Gregg Williams could stop the occasional drive.

Last year, it seemed like guys were rarely in position to make plays because of gaping holes inherent to the design and usage of the D.

This year, we are seeing guys in the right place just being fully outplayed and overwhelmed 1 on 1.

I don't know if the ideas behind the defense are GOOD, necessarily. They're better than JDR, which is the lowest bar to clear. It's hard to imagine how anyone can make this unit that's full of guys forever being run over, stop being run over.

It looks like they have known from the start they're deficient. They've run a lot of Cover 2 with safeties staying back, combined with nickel. Maximum pass help without sacrificing too much size against run. A complaint the last few years was they weren't doing anything to mitigate any weakness. There are signs of thought now.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Man that's the most hype I've been for a game and a player in what ... ten years?
Honestly probably since RGIII and the 2012 team beat the Cowboys the final week of the season to win the division. That was incredible, as was tonight. Not sure there’s been a better moment in recent history tho than FedEx singing HTTR with a minute left up by 10.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Stat on SVP just now:

Highest completion % through 3 games in NFL history:

1) D. Brees: 80.6%
2) J. Daniels: 80:3%
3) T. Brady: 79.5%

That's... pretty good company.

Someone will say "but it's a lot of short throws, lots behind LOS!"

Brees is perhaps the all-time king of the behind-LOS pass, and Brady the king of checking down for five yards a play until you give him something. Both traits I love. I'm good with this.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I hope that JD has a terrific game — but I smell a blow out coming, and it won’t be one we are happy about.

We’ve sucked on prime time, forever … our opponent that is punching way under their weight, finally has all of their offensive “stars, and seem poised ready to roll. We have a terrible defense which brings you back to …. Their offense is SO DUE.

I’d be really surprised if DC can keep this team under 30. Covering the 7.5pts would be a major moral victory, IMO.

Don’t shoot the messenger please
This didn’t age well thankfully…

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The work ethic and prep from Daniels is blatantly apparent. He looks comfortable as hell and in command running shit as a rookie.

0 turnovers, 5 total TDs in your first three games?

QB search is over.

Also, Kingsbury stepping up big time. His game planning the last two games and offense have been top tier. The offense came out tonight from the get and dominated all f***ing game.

The defense blows but they play hard.

McCaffrey is going to be a real solid player for them for a long time. That pick is a hit.

Ekeler looks like prime Ekeler. He needs to get healthy right quick.

Awesome game.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
The work ethic and prep from Daniels is blatantly apparent. He looks comfortable as hell and in command running shit as a rookie.

0 turnovers, 5 total TDs in your first three games?

QB search is over.

Also, Kingsbury stepping up big time. His game planning the last two games and offense have been top tier. The offense came out tonight from the get and dominated all f***ing game.

McCaffrey is going to be a real solid player for them for a long time. That pick is a hit.

Ekeler looks like prime Ekeler. He needs to get healthy right quick.

Awesome game.
Word. Both RBs are involved, both hand-offs and in the passing game. They're setting up QB runs off the RBs and vice versa. The short passing game has started opening up more opportunities downfield. And now that JD has had some success looking downfield, that should put us another level.

And the gameplan has also made the OL probably as good as they can be. Really nailing it in the run game and starting to give the QB more time and space -- which is giving him more confidence to hang in a little longer.

I pretty much pissed all over KK week 1. I owe him a towel and some Axe body spray -- scent of his choosing.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Luvu does I guess. I'm not sure anyone else stands out as consistently high motor on that side. Wagner's not quite the same dude these days. Big picture in terms of structuring one wonders whether Allen or Payne or both won't eventually be shed if these first few games are any indication...

As we've seen...when you have A Guy at QB a lot of shit get swept under the rug and smoothed out. The defense overall is that mess. Will likely remain it given limitations on paper. Not much to be done about it but hope they can out-score it and that success and confidence leads to them executing as well as they're able. Guaranteed entertaining football at least.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Ek's injury is the only bad news. You could hear that helmet to helmet crack over the broadcast.
Is it bad that I think this is a better outcome than him re-injuring his ankle? He should take all the time he needs to come back from a concussion but it feels like those lower body injuries linger longer, especially for skill players.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Luvu does I guess. I'm not sure anyone else stands out as consistently high motor on that side. Wagner's not quite the same dude these days. Big picture in terms of structuring one wonders whether Allen or Payne or both won't eventually be shed if these first few games are any indication...

As we've seen...when you have A Guy at QB a lot of shit get swept under the rug and smoothed out. The defense overall is that mess. Will likely remain it given limitations on paper. Not much to be done about it but hope they can out-score it and that success and confidence leads to them executing as well as they're able. Guaranteed entertaining football at least.
Chinn, BSJ, Sainistril, Quan… they all play hard.

Trouble is BSJ and Sainistril are ideally a 2 CB and Nickle being asked to be cover corners against future HOF receivers.

Giant holes at DB and Edge.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Chinn, BSJ, Sainistril, Quan… they all play hard.

Trouble is BSJ and Sainistril are ideally a 2 CB and Nickle being asked to be cover corners against future HOF receivers.

Giant holes at DB and Edge.
I’d say they are about 3 stars away from being formidable. An Edge, an LT, and a shut down CB.

Now those are 3 pretty big pieces. But I think Peters will figure it out.

Not this year obv (one never knows, would love to somehow get Surtain II from Denver. Reverse the Champ Bailey stigma), team has oodles of cap space).

It’s really a silly giddiness that I haven’t felt in a long while. Since RG3, as everyone says.

Here’s to a far better ending!

I meannnn it kinda did lol. JD had a terrific game, and the rest of that happened
I did not think that JD could outperform our D ineptitude, and I was damn wrong!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad