OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Dont panic, they are 2-0!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1727037234388.png

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Even though Fields had an INT today (poor decision to force it to CPatt, somewhat flukey INT given the ball bounced like 4 times), I'm still wildly impressed with the decision making and accuracy.

2 sacks per game would be a career low for him and he's on like a 5 INT pace (over 17 games)

Yeah and honestly that interception hits the ground 95% of the time. Was a bad pass that Fields got really unlucky on to get picked.

Even beyond that, I feel like Fields hasn't even really been close to an interception outside of that one. The Steelers defense seems to have like 2-4 interceptions or close to interceptions a game, while I don't even recall Fields having one outside of his actual interception.

I'm not meaning to talk trash about Pickett here, because I definitely think he'd look better on this team right now than he did last year. But it's still funny to me that Fields is younger than Pickett and they got more for trading Pickett than what their paid for Fields.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Last year I was telling anyone who would listen they were complete frauds. This year I think they actually can compete. The line is coming together and guys can step in when there are injuries. This defense is elite. Najee is feeling it.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The best analogy to a Tomlin coached offense is a financial advisor telling a 21 year old just out of college to invest everything in bonds for the rest of her life.

Yes, she will beat inflation. Barely. She will almost never have huge loss periods.

But she never will win either. Just get by.

• Haha
Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We suffered some significant injuries today, namely Highsmith and Warren…hopefully they’re not out long…our RB and OLB depth is pretty bad

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
We suffered some significant injuries today, namely Highsmith and Warren…hopefully they’re not out long…our RB and OLB depth is pretty bad
Ward from the practice squad looked good in pre season he and Patterson can fill in for warren

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad