OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: Dont panic, they are 2-0!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I was not anticipating this level of accuracy and quick decision making.

Yeah that pass to Pickens was an absolute dime after going through all of his progressions. Granted he had a lot of time with the Chargers not blitzing, but that's exactly what you want to see with him.

Honestly, I think they need to loosen the shackles on him a bit. I think you can be more aggressive with him. I think it's pretty clear that the WR talent is a bigger issue than the QB talent.

Reactions: WickedWrister

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah that pass to Pickens was an absolute dime after going through all of his progressions. Granted he had a lot of time with the Chargers not blitzing, but that's exactly what you want to see with him.

Honestly, I think they need to loosen the shackles on him a bit. I think you can be more aggressive with him. I think it's pretty clear that the WR talent is a bigger issue than the QB talent.
I love the way he just nails the passes while in full scramble, shows a lot of maturity in his awareness which was a massive issue in Chicago, he'd scramble out of the pocket and then not look up field at all and end up screwed.

To quickly fix that as a Steeler being thrown in as the starter and showing that growth already, I'm loving this trade more than I did already.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia

Yeah, I would like a higher yards per attempt but I think that's mostly on the playcalling. But at least he's shown he's been able to process the defense quickly and get the ball out without taking an astronomical amount of sacks.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Pickens and Muth don’t drop passes and you’re most likely looking at a tie game at worst going into half.

Fields has looked pretty great but they have to get something going in the running game. And they have to start getting some more pressure on Herbert.
I saw the word drop, immediately had Diontae pop up in my head and got angry.

Regardless though, I really like Fields' passing game today.
His passing game has been strong. It's more or less on Smith to give him a little more rope in that regard, the last game the only reason his pass game didn't look better was because of three stupid penalties.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
Not much deep passing but the middle of the field truthers should be quiet for a week now.

1727029597504.png

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I would like a higher yards per attempt but I think that's mostly on the playcalling. But at least he's shown he's been able to process the defense quickly and get the ball out without taking an astronomical amount of sacks.
He's been great and it sucks that his yards per attempt is low because of some dipshit penalties.

He knows he's playing well and it'll start opening up once Smith also gains confidence as an OC again and back into this situation. I just hope he does before they go back to Wilson before we get to see it.

I knew it was going to be tough sledding in the run game but 6 yards on 5 RB carries is revolting.

We've been f***ed by the injury demons forever. I've given up hope with that a long time ago.

Sucks for Highsmith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad