OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 5 and 2 Justin who? Hand the Fields to Wilson

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Sandusky was arrested for being a pedo a decade before the big news break. the coverup goes beyond just the school covering up to the gov't, which we now know was also involved w Epsteen island
Who knows exactly where it all goes, we'll never know. But here is a fact, the President of PSU who threw the football program under the bus was rewarded with a top job at Mellon of NY.... and the story went away forever.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I heard today at the golf course from a source who is about as solid as one could get - Little Dan is actually running the day to day operation of the team now. Art2 is just a face. Came at the same time as Colbert leaving. If that is true, the direction under Little Dan in terms of drafting has been awesome.
Not sure if you are serious about little Dan has been awesome at drafting. This team has sucked at drafting for a while now. The 2024 draft has been a complete disaster so far.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Rams have Kupp running 5 yard pass plays on,y it looks like…I don’t know if that’s because he’s snow or doesn’t get open, or just by design….but if Kupp can’t run at least medium routes and get open he’s useless to us lol

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Kooper Cupp is a bum now, he looks about as effective as Van Jefferson at this point in his career. Steelers should try trading for Puka Nakua instead.
No what made him so good was the stuff pukka was doing yesterday he did before pukka was drafted. Pukka is the wr 1 now he is cheaper and less injury prone. He gets the cheat motion and inside quick routes. Now Kooper is a blocking wr who can’t separate often on the outside making a ton of money

Not sure if you are serious about little Dan has been awesome at drafting. This team has sucked at drafting for a while now. The 2024 draft has been a complete disaster so far.
4 of the first 6 were day 1 starters

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
The Rams have Kupp running 5 yard pass plays on,y it looks like…I don’t know if that’s because he’s snow or doesn’t get open, or just by design….but if Kupp can’t run at least medium routes and get open he’s useless to us lol
Their WR room is so bad that I think even a WR who could run 5 yard routes and get open would be beneficial.

If I was the Rams, though, and Stafford magically threw for 4 TDs in a win against the 5-1 Vikings when he gets his top WRs back, I'm thinking I could go on a run and get back into the mix. So I'm not sure that Kupp is even going to be moved now.

Reactions: Andy99

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Their WR room is so bad that I think even a WR who could run 5 yard routes and get open would be beneficial.

If I was the Rams, though, and Stafford magically threw for 4 TDs in a win against the 5-1 Vikings when he gets his top WRs back, I'm thinking I could go on a run and get back into the mix. So I'm not sure that Kupp is even going to be moved now.
They are 3-4 in a division where the leader is 4-3. Absolutely no reason for them to be sellers.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
It’s going to be Mike Williams, which I don’t necessarily hate but am also underwhelmed with.

Yup, but it's an upgrade on the margins- meaning VJ gets less time.
That to me is a win. It's hard in this league to make significant gains. I mean look at the Jets and Adams acquisition. He's not likely to catapult them into contention.

This isn't basketball where 1 guy can dominate.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Plus they play Seattle the division leader next weekend. So, if the Rams win that game they will be tied with the Seahawks in record but above them due to head to head record. And they beat SF as well, so they are above them as well.

Zero reason for them to trade Kupp until at least after Week 9 and really probably none at all. Because they play the Dolphins and Patriots in Week 10 and 11. Then Philly, then the Saints.

They could very easily be 8-4, 7-5 by week 13 and leading the division.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I can kind of live with the idea that they get Williams cheap this year to be respectable and then go draft big next year. It does kind of make a mockery of all the big talk they had about going for the big one but oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad