OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 5 and 2 Justin who? Hand the Fields to Wilson

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
If they were going to trade him, it would have been before Denver restructured his contract twice in the past few months.
I mean Copper was restructured before Cleveland traded him. He is almost 30 he doesn’t really fit there timeline anymore and is a ufa

Yeah Kupp looks exactly like a kind of guy who fits the type of passing game this team wants to run.

His age and injury history are the only red flags with him, he's a stylistic perfect fit for this team.
His age injury and costs are why the rams are shopping him. They already replaced him with Puka. They need a RT and a outside fast wr at the draft

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Sutton's target high over the last 3 games is 6. Might be their plans have changed quick, Not sure I'd bet on it though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I mean Copper was restructured before Cleveland traded him. He is almost 30 he doesn’t really fit there timeline anymore and is a ufa

His age injury and costs are why the rams are shopping him. They already replaced him with Puka. They need a RT and a outside fast wr at the draft

They're shopping him because they're rebuilding and he's an asset they can give them value back in a trade.

I just don't understand how people here complain non-stop about the receiver group not being good enough and then scoff at every WR option unless the deal is wildly advantageous for the Steelers.

Kupp is an injury risk, but he's a perfect fit for what this team needs and is cost controlled on a reasonable deal (that the Rams would likely be eating money on). He'd cost far more if he wasn't injury prone, the only reason you might be able to get him for a 3rd in the first place is because of that injury history.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA

Denver is currently in a playoff spot. They aren't selling off assets.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
They're shopping him because they're rebuilding and he's an asset they can give them value back in a trade.

I just don't understand how people here complain non-stop about the receiver group not being good enough and then scoff at every WR option unless the deal is wildly advantageous for the Steelers.

Kupp is an injury risk, but he's a perfect fit for what this team needs and is cost controlled on a reasonable deal (that the Rams would likely be eating money on). He'd cost far more if he wasn't injury prone, the only reason you might be able to get him for a 3rd in the first place is because of that injury history.
They aren’t rebuilding they are in a very winnable division they have a top 10 Qb under contract for 2 more years. They are trying to get something for someone that has missed games over the last 3 seasons. They already replaced him with puka

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
They aren’t rebuilding they are in a very winnable division they have a top 10 Qb under contract for 2 more years. They are trying to get something for someone that has missed games over the last 3 seasons. They already replaced him with puka

Literally every Rams fan I've read have said this is a rebuilding move due to the lack of assets they have/had from their main contention window. They didn't have a 1st rounder for 7 straight drafts, they're trying to get assets now.

They're 2-4 and are making all indications that they're entering a rebuild/retool period, even with Stafford under contract.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The question of why they're trading Kupp seems utterly academic. The question is fitness, value, and remaining gas in the tank, most of which seems incredibly difficult to answer.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The question of why they're trading Kupp seems utterly academic. The question is fitness, value, and remaining gas in the tank, most of which seems incredibly difficult to answer.

The part that is more annoying to me is that the argument is being used to basically say "Kupp isn't good and isn't worth trading for". It really seems like there's a sector of Steelers fans who talk down any idea that isn't wildly advantageous for the Steelers.

It's frustrating to watch this team so desperately need WR help only to read some fans saying "we can't overpay for Aiyuk, take a 2nd or we won't trade for him" or "Kupp is too old and injury prone to give up a 3rd" or "Williams sucks, I'd be mad if they traded for him". Like what is it do you want, a prime AB for a 7th round pick? :laugh:

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Literally every Rams fan I've read have said this is a rebuilding move due to the lack of assets they have/had from their main contention window. They didn't have a 1st rounder for 7 straight drafts, they're trying to get assets now.

They're 2-4 and are making all indications that they're entering a rebuild/retool period, even with Stafford under contract.
Then why just shop Kupp? The gm and coach got a recent extension.
I would give up a 5th that can be a 4th for kup like dhop or we can do a play time incentives trade. We picked swapped with them for Dotson

Pengwins

Jun 13, 2017
if the Rams are truly rebuilding, lets trade them one of our QBs + draft pick for Kupp and Stafford. Stafford is a beast. one of the most underrated qbs of all time

Reactions: bigdaddyk88

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The part that is more annoying to me is that the argument is being used to basically say "Kupp isn't good and isn't worth trading for". It really seems like there's a sector of Steelers fans who talk down any idea that isn't wildly advantageous for the Steelers.

It's frustrating to watch this team so desperately need WR help only to read some fans saying "we can't overpay for Aiyuk, take a 2nd or we won't trade for him" or "Kupp is too old and injury prone to give up a 3rd" or "Williams sucks, I'd be mad if they traded for him". Like what is it do you want, a prime AB for a 7th round pick? :laugh:

Yeah fair enough from that angle.

And don't get me wrong... Kupp's injury history is kinda worrisome.

But it feels like trading for WRs is about picking two from from fairly priced, unflawed, and available. And they need a WR. Whatever they do it's going to be cross your fingers time.

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Yeah Kupp looks exactly like a kind of guy who fits the type of passing game this team wants to run.

His age and injury history are the only red flags with him, he's a stylistic perfect fit for this team.
If he could ever stay healthy then I wouldn't even care about his age. He isn't that old.

Reactions: Peat

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
If he could ever stay healthy then I wouldn't even care about his age. He isn't that old.

His age is why he can’t stay healthy. He is 32 which is old for a WR. Shit, it’s old for any NFL player.

That being said, if he looks good tomorrow then I would trade a 3rd for him because he is signed through 2026. He isn’t a pure rental.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
His age is why he can’t stay healthy. He is 32 which is old for a WR. Shit, it’s old for any NFL player.

That being said, if he looks good tomorrow then I would trade a 3rd for him because he is signed through 2026. He isn’t a pure rental.

I think it runs deeper than age. Adams is the same age and had no major injury problems for years until he decided he was done with Vegas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad