OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: 5 and 2 Justin who? Hand the Fields to Wilson

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I like Branch and would have been fine taking him, but CB is a more premium position. It's harder to find and/or more expensive to keep good ones. The fact they found a pretty good one in JPJ, I'll take it. Especially since they seem to have found a pretty good S in Elliot, too. I'd say it's worked out well for the Steelers.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
I would say this generally matches the eye test. Have to consider QOC here too though.

What bodes well for the Steelers? Divisional play doesn't seem as daunting as we thought.

Browns and Bengals are cooked.

We seem to have the Rats' number and would not surprise me if we split with them. But we know that Tomlin coached teams tend to max out at 10 wins.
I agree that this is the "easier" portion of our season but we still have a .468 strength of schedule. It's not like outlier easy. You can see we played some tough defenses according to that graph. Falcons, Colts, and Broncos would all be in the playoffs if the season ended today.

I initially had us going 3-3 in the division, splitting with every team. But now, I'd be disappointed if we don't sweep the Browns. Commanders game looks much more difficult on paper than it did 2 months ago. Jayden Daniels will probably be back for that one.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Imo the only game the Steelers have had so far where the opposition made it feel like a gimme before the match was the Raiders. The first half schedule hasn't been tough but it hasn't been easy either. There's been a bit of luck in getting a couple of teams before their QBs settle in and a bit of luck in getting a couple of teams after a bunch of injuries but such is life. Maybe we'll have opposition teams wishing they'd got a crack at Fields and not Wilson.

The division matches later on... I'm a little worried the Bengals will find some life and be on an absolute mission to get in. Browns are dead but honestly I'd rather play them with something to play for, as I feel like that'd focus them a bit more on football and a bit less on cheap shots. The attrition rate is far more worrying to me than the chances of winning with that stupid second half schedule.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
On the WR talk, I’d go hard after Kupp but I’d only offer a 2nd with conditions of him staying healthy. That being said, he’s literally exactly what this WR group needs and has some term left on his deal as well. They will need to re-work the deal but I’m all for bringing him in.

I’d probably offer a 3rd that can become a 2nd if Kupp stays healthy for this year and the Steelers go on a deep playoff run. That’s very similar to what Adams and Cooper went for.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
I still think they just end up with Mike Williams, which I don’t love but have warmed up to some. If they’re going to lean into what they did vs the Jets and the passing offense is gonna rely on these 50/50 vertical shots, getting Williams makes sense.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
On the WR talk, I’d go hard after Kupp but I’d only offer a 2nd with conditions of him staying healthy. That being said, he’s literally exactly what this WR group needs and has some term left on his deal as well. They will need to re-work the deal but I’m all for bringing him in.

I’d probably offer a 3rd that can become a 2nd if Kupp stays healthy for this year and the Steelers go on a deep playoff run. That’s very similar to what Adams and Cooper went for.
No they went for 3rds and they were rentals. Kupp missed 5 games last season and ran the lowest depth of target routes in his career

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad