GDT: The Pittsburgher Drama Thread: Steeler Season - Game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
So with AB going to social media experts to speed up his release from the Raiders and the rest of his antics this yr.

Couldnt the NFL suspend him for Conduct Detrimental to the league?

I doubt they go after the Pat's for tampering or even look into ABs agent and the Pats for making back door plans/deals to get him on NE. Especially with NE owning Goddell.

But isnt this setting an even worse precedent than what he did to the Steelers? So sign a contract and act out to get released from it till you get to a team you want

Imagine a star NFL QB calling his coach the N-word..... think it let go by the league with zero response.

Things are so upside down in this world.........

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Great insight... most would qualify your post as trolling, but who am I to judge.

We are not going to personal attacks. If you dislike the league so much, there is no point for you to post in this thread. It's that simple. If you hate the league - stop watching. Stop commenting. Let people who want to discuss football discuss football.

Only thread warning from here on out.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Was just about to ask - do the Bengals look good or do the Seahawks look bad?

Not sure but the long Bengals TD at end of half should have been a pick. Dalton just threw it up, safety was sitting there waiting but misjudged flight of ball. So that score was fluky at least.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

I get it. It doesn't violate any rules. Maybe.

Does it violate the detrimental to the league image rule to play the league this way?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
About 20 injuries today. This is getting crazy.

Luckily we finally have depth at most positions to suffer our annual week 15 season ending injury and not be the main reason we lose in playoffs.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Was just about to ask - do the Bengals look good or do the Seahawks look bad?

The Bengals look good imo...but Seattle also looks like a worse defensive team than they’ve been in the past...lot of WRs running free..also, bengals D line has been killing Seattle O line

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Already believed in Mahomes but we have seen QBs drop off in year 2 after that good of a rookie year. But what hw just did with two former Bills(Sammy watkins never reached his potential there...but got 3 TDs on 12 catches 170 yards ) thats all the proof needed

Hes gonna be the top QB for years. And alot confuse him with a Wilson...who runs down field..but hes more Aaron Rodgers. Runs behind the line to escape pressure buying time for an open WR. Those r the QBs who are great in today's game...unless u have a system/line like Brady always had where he can just stand there not worrying about getting hit.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010

I get it. It doesn't violate any rules. Maybe.

Does it violate the detrimental to the league image rule to play the league this way?

Idk but it's detrimental to my brain ay this point so....

We will see the pats get a pick taken away...will be announced later in season after #1 seed is locked up.

I dont buy that anyway...bill doesnt have wifi...hes the one who reached out after watching preseason and the lack of talent on offense. Prob as soon as Mayock called Brown out. Bellichick always looking for ways to exploit other teams while those coaches are too busy trying to get their own team on track . And teams fall for it every time. He also does things that dont have a rule in place for. Prob added 10 by now since hes been the Pats HC

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Lol...AB and Kraft do have a lot in common...AB has a lot of young kids in Florida and Kraft likes to **** a lot of young kids in Florida...

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Week 1 always a circus. Lopsided scores. Resembles college football. Then things settle down.

Even Dak with 400 yards 4 TDs at the half. Rookie WR Michael Gallup with 6 for 143 yards

Rookie WRs have dominated the day. Rarely see that this soon. Time for Ben to hit JW like Mason does. No reason we shouldnt see a few 40+ yard catches against Pats tonight to JW. A short pass to DJ for long gains. Him being more like Marquise Brown.

I hope they dont try to run th3 ball too much just for the sake of it. Just one time...I want the Steelers mindset to be to run up the score on the Pats. Reverse the mindgames

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Miami and Arizona figure to be the 2 worst teams in the NFL this season, and the Steelers play them both. You just know those games are going to be tighter than they should be.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This Colts-Bolts game has been one of the best today...Colts would’ve been winning by 7 points if Viniteri didn’t pull a Boswell today...

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Are there any bigger underachievers this decade than the Chargers? Since 2009, they've only made the playoffs twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan