Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Bronny James senior year of HS 14.2 PPG/5.5 REB/2.4 AST

that same hs a few years earlier.

Marvin Bagley III (Was ruled ineligble for his junior year. Senior year: 24.9 PPG/10.1 REB)

Taken 2nd overall after putting up 21 PPG/11.1 REB for Duke as a freshman.

KJ Martin 16.7 PPG/9.8 REB
Went 52nd overall after he skipped college and spent that 1 year playing for IMG Academy's team.

Scotty Pippen Jr 16.3 PPG/3.6 REB/4.6 AST

Went undrafted after a 3 year career at Vanderbilt which saw him put up 12 PPG as a Freshman and then 20.8/20.4 in his 2nd and 3rd years.

The point isn't to say Bronny James doesn't have possible talent or ability, but that the way he was treated and ranked was in no way reflective of what he actually showed in HS. He matches up more with Scotty Pippen Jr and nobody was talking about Scotty Pippen Jr like he was some kind of sure-fire NBA player.

Maybe he develops into a rotation or bench guy, but Bronny is *NOT* freakishly athletic.

Brother, this is exactly the shit I mean. You're quoting Points and Rebounds per game like this is 1996. That should be an internal sign that you're throwing shit at the wall. There is a 0% chance you saw Scottie Pippen Jr in high school enough times to have meaningful expectations for his college career.

I'm trying to tell you that the guy I posted and the other hardcores watch more of just high school and AAU basketball than you and I watch hockey combined. Here's the top of his first 2024 big board. That's from January 3rd 2023. These kids are still not close to finished with their senior high school seasons.

FlkYVW7X0AIPPse

Here's April 2023. Tiers are in alphabetical order.

FtxQelBWIAIlhAv

These are not boards from ESPN. They're not from someone trying to sell hyped up bullshit. It's an extremely knowledgeable basketball scout giving you his honest opinions. So he was a mid-first rounder in a generally poor draft class coming into the year, then he fell to the end of round 2 after he had major health problems exactly because no one thinks he's a sure fire NBA player. But he was worth a shot when the stakes were super low. I'm not sure what about this breaks people's brains.

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57 and BigToe

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I did not scout Bronny James. I did not watch more than 2 full games he played that were broadcast. What I saw him do athletically at his size I did not see him as warranting any kind of '1st round' potential. So him going in the 2nd round. I got no issues with. I just don't think he's going to develop into an NBA starter.

What that one person's ranking shows me is that A LOT OF those guys ranked with Bronny, I don't actually think turn into future NBA starters either. Must have been a pretty damn awful HS graduating class. (which probably explains why so many European players went in the top of the draft as opposed to 1 and done from that HS graduating class)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Brother, this is exactly the shit I mean. You're quoting Points and Rebounds per game like this is 1996. That should be an internal sign that you're throwing shit at the wall. There is a 0% chance you saw Scottie Pippen Jr in high school enough times to have meaningful expectations for his college career.

I'm trying to tell you that the guy I posted and the other hardcores watch more of just high school and AAU basketball than you and I watch hockey combined. Here's the top of his first 2024 big board. That's from January 3rd 2023. These kids are still not close to finished with their senior high school seasons.

FlkYVW7X0AIPPse

Here's April 2023. Tiers are in alphabetical order.

FtxQelBWIAIlhAv

These are not boards from ESPN. They're not from someone trying to sell hyped up bullshit. It's an extremely knowledgeable basketball scout giving you his honest opinions. So he was a mid-first rounder in a generally poor draft class coming into the year, then he fell to the end of round 2 after he had major health problems exactly because no one thinks he's a sure fire NBA player. But he was worth a shot when the stakes were super low. I'm not sure what about this breaks people's brains.
It's because his last name is James. Everyone has clawed for reasons to shit on a top 3 player of all time for the last 2 decades. Naturally, all those people are frothing at the mouth at the idea of his son ever contributing anything at all

It's not the player himself, it's the name. And most importantly, an extension of his dad. It's so f***ing weird

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad