Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Who has thoughts on Kyle Anderson?

He’d be a fine cheap signing. Good help defender and connective passer. The release on his shot is glacial, so ideally you won’t be playing him big minutes in the playoffs or anything. But that’s a solid regular season rotation piece who can take a lesser role when you shorten the bench.

They may go the route of adding a RS piece or two and giving KJ Martin an inflated one year salary so they have a big number to trade in-season.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
George move doesn’t really excite me but I don’t hate it either. You knew it was coming and they didnt have many, if any, other options.

Huge upgrade on Harris that’s for sure. Thank god he’s gone.

Glad Oubre is back, hopefully we can get Lowry back too. Sucks Batum is gone. Interested to see what happens with Reed.
Drummond and Gordon are fine.

Reactions: Embiid

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Don't worry here, there is no path to this anymore. It's literally impossible.
OTOH if Markelle Fultz wanted to come on a reasonable deal I wouldn't be against it. I think he probably tries to find a team willing to give him 20-25 minutes a night to play for a bigger deal next season though. I don't think he'll be back in Orlando. The minutes just aren't there and why he played so much less this past year.

BTW, here's a list of (as of the posting) what the max each team has left is.

(oh. I also think the Sixers def need a front-court playing who can rebound/defend before worrying about back-up guard rotations)

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
What is happening here? What's a basketball?
It’s like a football (soccer ball) but it’s a bit bigger and you’re allowed to touch it with your hands. Instead of trying to kick it through a big rectangle you try to throw it through a little hoop that’s 10 ft above the ground. Crazy.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It’s like a football (soccer ball) but it’s a bit bigger and you’re allowed to touch it with your hands. Instead of trying to kick it through a big rectangle you try to throw it through a little hoop that’s 10 ft above the ground. Crazy.

And does anyone try to stop you from doing it? Or do you just take turns putting it in the hoop?

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Well it certainly a take

anchorman-anchor-man.gif

• Haha
Reactions: trostol

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Sunday evening, George invited the Sixers' brass over to his house in West Los Angeles to make their pitch. The meeting was set for 8:30 p.m. local time, sources said. George was flying back from a vacation in Mexico. Sixers president of basketball operations Daryl Morey was at the ready. So were general manager Elton Brand and executive vice president of basketball operations Peter Dinwiddie, whom George and his family knew well from their time together in Indiana earlier in George's career.

But the plane carrying Harris and Dr. J was delayed by weather, and a decision had to be made. George's longtime agent, Aaron Mintz, called him to ask if he wanted to wait.

"Of course," George told him.

Of course you wait for Dr. J ... and the guy who could be paying you only the fourth maximum contract given to a player 34 years and older in league history.

When the Sixers finally arrived at George's house around 10:30 p.m., they quite literally had their answer.

George was wearing an Allen Iverson T-shirt.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...n-how-philadelphia-76ers-landed-nine-all-star

• Love
Reactions: Rebels57

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
When the Sixers finally arrived at George's house around 10:30 p.m., they quite literally had their answer.

George was wearing an Allen Iverson T-shirt.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40478287/inside-paul-george-frfree-agency-showdown-how-philadelphia-76ers-landed-nine-all-stard
Didn't read the story. Didn’t need to. I don't follow basketball much these days, but the bolded is all I need to know.

If you ask people about iconic AI moments you'll hear about the stepover, crossing up Jordan...I was lucky enough to see him cross up Sam Cassell live, in Kobe's first game in Philly. But ~15-35 in this presser is something I will never forget. How do you (and Philly) not love that guy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad