Other Sports: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers 23-24 Season Thread: Punt, Pass, Or Kick? Post Trade Deadline

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Photo of Sam Cassell
I raise you a Popeye Jones
d63e31657f8f113ef54c2c20e27b5683.jpg

nacc BLOCC

Apr 16, 2019
If the Sixers actually sign Pandemic P to a 4 year max, i will be more upset at that than this board is at the Flyers' draft.

sick of this team overvaluing career losers like Simmons and Harden and PG

harden never really made it move for me, and i even have a real derangement for lefties.

i like george more, and would prefer a never-won-it superstar addition, makes it feel a little cooler if they were to get a title.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
He is a good wing, and the Sixers only have like two players under contract.
Is he a 3 and D perimeter guy? The second part is not a reason. In fact, you might say it's a reason not to sign him and potentially tie up 60 mil in 2 players. They tried to be top heavy already, and they lost to the Raptors and Hawks that way

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Is he a 3 and D perimeter guy? The second part is not a reason. In fact, you might say it's a reason not to sign him and potentially tie up 60 mil in 2 players. They tried to be top heavy already, and they lost to the Raptors and Hawks that way
That's exactly what he is. Not sure he's worth 30 million though.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Was just trying to use my smol brain to figure this out. I'm so lost. How much space would we have after signing PG to a max?

Depending on how they do it, a max of somewhere between 12.8 and 13.2 MM left. Then they have an exception to use for a player of roughly that same amount. Anyone who signs for the vet minimum you do not have to worry about in those figures.

In minor good news, the PG max is about 150k less than everyone thought it was going to be. So that's a little extra room.

Reactions: BigToe

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I would not use a single metric to evaluate players, but if I had to, it would be DARKO. For some scope of the rumored options and one that seems to have set people off.

image.png
His value started skyrocketing once he got to the Wizards and Nuggets. Could there be a reason for this? Isn't this an impact metric based on team performance with you on/off?

Makes sense with the Wizards. His team is very bad, while he's pretty good by comparison. The Nuggets?

We can't expect that skyrocketing to continue could you? Also what are some salary comparables to his Darko? Am I even asking the right questions?

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
His value started skyrocketing once he got to the Wizards and Nuggets. Could there be a reason for this? Isn't this an impact metric based on team performance with you on/off?

Makes sense with the Wizards. His team is very bad, while he's pretty good by comparison. The Nuggets?

We can't expect that skyrocketing to continue could you? Also what are some salary comparables to his Darko? Am I even asking the right questions?

Here's the writeup: DARKO Exploration

I don't want to give you a flat answer. Read the Interaction Effects section especially. It's under the chart with Ingram, Winslow, and LeVert.

• Love
Reactions: DancingPanther

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
harden never really made it move for me, and i even have a real derangement for lefties.

i like george more, and would prefer a never-won-it superstar addition, makes it feel a little cooler if they were to get a title.
i say this as someone who hates these kinds of trades and usually laughs at another team when they make one... but i would rather they mortgage their future (i.e. that recent Mikal Bridges trade) for Markkanen rather than pay PG a max. That's unironically a more preferable outcome in my eyes.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
It's time to feed the dogs. Priorities. <3

(But it's also important to understand DARKO is predictive and why.)
YOU'RE STARVING THEM. THEY'RE WITHERING AWAY

This is very cool. So here's what I'm gathering. You showed me DPM evaluated by this DARKO model. Darko is v smart unlike me. It's so smart that it incorporates evaluations of other stats that can effect DPM, and using those evaluations, predicts the sustainability of the stat it's modeling. Without getting into the weeds of DPM, we'll just say it's a pretty encompassing aggregate of many stats on both sides of the ball.

DARKO believes in KCP's breakout to the tune of parabolic improvement over the last 3+ seasons. Therefore it also believes in significant and most importantly sustained AND sustainable improvement in those aggregates.

In conclusion, that's good

• Haha
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia